spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ancodia

join:2006-07-10

Anveo & caller-id info in Canada

I'm giving Anveo a test and I discovered they only handle caller-id info using cname lookups. That's great if you are getting a call from the States but for us in Canada that usually results in xxx-xxx-xxxx (location details) when it's a Canada-2-Canada call, which is next to useless

Has anyone figured out a way around this or does my search for the perfect VOIP provider continue

JJ_GTA
Premium
join:2009-04-01
Ontario
Your search probably continues. I prefer to stick it out with Anveo since I know most of the people calling me. I add everyone to my contact list and Anveo will send the Caller ID name that I set.

My unknowns only go to my Voicemail anyhow.

ancodia

reply to ancodia
Well that sucks. I've ruled out voip.ms, callcentric & and now Anveo .. who's left to try?

Trev
IP Telephony Addict
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC
kudos:6
Depends on your requirements.

Why have v.ms and CC been ruled out?

jeltz

join:2002-11-01
Chelsea, QC
reply to ancodia
said by ancodia:

Well that sucks. I've ruled out voip.ms, callcentric & and now Anveo .. who's left to try?

What's your criteria?

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to ancodia
said by ancodia:

I've ruled out voip.ms, callcentric & and now Anveo....

Wow.

If you are not happy with any of them, you may not be happy with any VoIP provider....

You may need to be a little more flexible.

--------------------------------

Other Canadian providers include :

»www.thespout.ca/
»les.net/

Now, Trev runs a good full-service VoIP outfit:
»www.acrovoice.ca/

--------------------------------

Let us know when you find that Gambozino.

ancodia

reply to Trev
said by Trev:

Depends on your requirements.

Why have v.ms and CC been ruled out?

well I've rules out v.ms due to the call forwarding bug they have. I've tried for almost a year to get it fixed and have given up.

I was testing Callcentric and they seemed promising however now that I know they have 1 point of failure, there is no way I can move all my #'s there. I really feel I dodged a bullet on that one - thanks to my procrastination I didn't move all my numbers over - If I had, that outage would have resulted in me being fired from my job.

Anveo looked like a sure bet, but the Caller-id thing is a deal-breaker for business - What can I do with an inbound call that says 905-xxx-xxxx (Mississauga, ON) - is it really that hard to pass on caller-id name info from the source, especially if you have a POP in Canada?

I just need a reliable voip provider, that can take an inbound call to my DID numbers and forward it 100% of the time (with all caller-id info intact) to my PRI line. You'd think that would an easy thing to find - but it's proving to be quite a challenge.

Trev
IP Telephony Addict
Premium
Victoria, BC
said by ancodia:

I just need a reliable voip provider, that can take an inbound call to my DID numbers and forward it 100% of the time (with all caller-id info intact) to my PRI line. You'd think that would an easy thing to find - but it's proving to be quite a challenge.

Am I understanding this correctly that you just need a number forwarded to another number; no VoIP component at all?
--
Wondering what I do? Find out at »www.digitalcon.ca
Get your Obihai ATA in Canada.

ancodia

said by Trev:

said by ancodia:

Am I understanding this correctly that you just need a number forwarded to another number; no VoIP component at all?

Actually yes, that would be enough, though it would be nice to have a sip/iax connection as backup. Basically I have about 50 #'s that will configured to forward to my existing PRI #'s.

Trev
IP Telephony Addict
Premium
Victoria, BC
If you'd like to contact me privately I might be able to offer something. It'll have no control panel and will be pretty much fixed once it's set up, but you will have Caller ID preserved along the entire call path.
--
Wondering what I do? Find out at »www.digitalcon.ca
Get your Obihai ATA in Canada.
Expand your moderator at work

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
reply to JJ_GTA

Re: Anveo & caller-id info in Canada

said by JJ_GTA:

...and Anveo will send the Caller ID name that I set.

How do you configure that?

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Cyberspace
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
said by grand total:

said by JJ_GTA:

...and Anveo will send the Caller ID name that I set.

How do you configure that?

Just add a contact. If the phone number of the caller is in your Contacts, First Name and Last Name will be displayed on your phone.

--
My VoIP News

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Anveo
said by Arne Bolen:

Just add a contact. If the phone number of the caller is in your Contacts, First Name and Last Name will be displayed on your phone.

Ah thanks. I misunderstood and thought it was possible to set the outbound name.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 1.8.11.0 with Asterisk GUI on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI

leecloudblue

join:2012-11-19
Scarborough, ON
reply to ancodia
So why when I post a message saying I have an option that might work for you and to PM me for details I get an email saying it's removed as spam and I get a warning, but Trev posts the same thing saying to PM him for an option and his post remains?

Mango
What router are you using?
Premium
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net
Reviews:
·AcroVoice
·Callcentric
·Anveo

1 recommendation

Some posts are up to the moderators' discretion. Trev has been a member here since 2009 and I suspect by now the moderators trust him to act professionally. You have joined within the last three days.

With that said, you're absolutely welcome here in the forum, particularly because we always appreciate participation from people from the industry. Feel free to stick around and join in some of the discussions. You're welcome.

leecloudblue

join:2012-11-19
Scarborough, ON
reply to ancodia
Just changed my username, connor79 is my main one but wanted one to reflect me better. That username is much older from what I can remember, and identified in my signature. Sent a PM to the OP to discuss further thanks.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to Mango
As Mango said.

Previous participation in the forum helps differentiate spammers from legitimate posters. Building up a track record is useful.

------------------------

Look at it this way.

Most women want some foreplay before plunging right into sex.