share rss forum feed

Jackal1

join:2010-08-10
Lincoln, NE
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to BlueArcher

Re: 24 Mbps package

Wow...hope I don't have those issues. I just got 24/2 installed, and so far so good. Showing 28798 Kbps also. Last speedtest I ran a few minutes ago was 24M down and 1.8M up. Tech said that was in their normal range.

Oh...and they do use Gbond here, at least at my site, as I'm too far for VDSL. It sounds like they have VDSL here also, just not for me...hence no mention of 24/4 when I called to inquire.

BlueArcher
Premium
join:2003-03-11
Nashville, TN

1 edit

Tech told me exactly where my remote terminal is, and said it is 2500-2900 ft wire line. Confirmed there are no bridge taps. There were two guys here, and one of them was actually the one that set my DSL up when I moved into this house over 3 years ago.

Line 0 (Downstream, Upstream)
SNR Margin (dB): 22.1 , 12.5
Attenuation (dB): 16.5 , 7.9

Line 1 (Downstream, Upstream)
SNR Margin (dB): 21.3 , 12.5
Attenuation (dB): 21.0 , 10.8

Also, clearly some routing changed somewhere in the Windstream network, because I used to get 20-25 ms to servers in Chicago, Atlanta, and Dallas... now I can't find a single city around me that I get less than 40 ms to. Doubling my ping for all game servers in those areas, and decreasing my single stream throughput dramatically (google bandwidth-delay product). I think this happened before the upgrade though, since I noticed it last week.

--
user formerly known as 'bsc'