spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Bucolic
@rr.com

Bucolic

Anon

[TWC] Blu-ray player connection question

I may buy a Samsung BD player, and use it's "Auto Detect" feature to set the network settings to my NAT router via DHCP. When reading the manual, I noticed this warning about upgrading its firmware:

"Internet access to Samsung’s software update server may not be allowed, depending on the router you use or your ISP’s policy. For more information, contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider)."

Is that likely to be a problem with TWC? I'd hate to buy this BD player, if I can't update to the latest firmware.

BOGBS
Premium Member
join:2004-05-11

BOGBS

Premium Member

I update my Sony Blu-Ray player without issue, so I would say you should be all set
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to Bucolic

Premium Member

to Bucolic
I have never had an issue updating the firmware on my two blu ray players, two A/V receivers, TV, Xbox, PS3 or DirecTV DVRs.
oldbuzzard
join:2001-12-06
Austin, TX

oldbuzzard

Me either. I've been updating my LG networked Blu-ray player for years with no issues. And if some reason you encounter one, they almost always have a place you can download the firmware manually and install it on your player via Thumb drive or disk

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat to Bucolic

Premium Member

to Bucolic
Last week I bought a new Sony Blu-Ray player that has internet services. As soon as it was connected to my network, it came up saying there was a required software update available.
I was able to do that and also use Netflix, etc on the player.

Bucolic
@rr.com

Bucolic

Anon

Thanks to all.