Premium Member
join:2002-08-09
Forest Hills, NY

1 recommendation

Dream Killer to rev I

Premium Member

to rev I

Re: Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I

ipv6 support is nice on the newer firmware but what i really want is smtp support from the actiontec. it would be a perfect router after that.
rhdcheme
join:2006-11-18
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme

Anyone know how to get this to work when FiOS does not support IPv6? Other brand routers seem to have 6to4 or 6in4 controls but Rev I does not seem to have these on firmware 36.
TreeTops3
join:2008-11-23

TreeTops3

said by rhdcheme:

Anyone know how to get this to work when FiOS does not support IPv6? Other brand routers seem to have 6to4 or 6in4 controls but Rev I does not seem to have these on firmware 36.

If you are trying to connect wtih a windows PC
Here are the steps to disable IPv6; Right click on the network icon and select Open the Network and Sharing Center In the resulting window, select "Change adapter settings". In the Network Connections window, select the "Local Area Connection" for the onboard NIC (or whatever it's called), then "Change settings of this connection" or file>properties.
In the connection property page, uncheck the box for "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)". Close all the windows and reboot your system.
See if you are able to connect then.
(Quoted from »answers.microsoft.com/en ··· 5c746388 )
rhdcheme
join:2006-11-18
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme

Actually, I am able to connect with IPV6 enabled. My question, however, was whether IPV6 can be configured in the 6to4 or 6in4 mode for this router like other routers available today even if your ISP does not support IPv6.