uniqs
share rss forum feed

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

[Newsgroups] The war on Usenet.

Everyday it seems new stuff is happening with the war on Usenet so I was thinking it would be cool to keep all the info in one thread.

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
»torrentfreak.com/paypal-bans-use···-121121/

I find this interesting. I'l like to know how Paypal can do this to peoples accounts and lock them out of their money. I'm sure it's in their terms but is it legal to do this type of thing?

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC
said by TOPDAWG:

I find this interesting. I'l like to know how Paypal can do this to peoples accounts and lock them out of their money. I'm sure it's in their terms but is it legal to do this type of thing?

I'm pretty sure that they covered it in the TOS. That's the problem of not regulating Paypal as a bank which they functionally are.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to TOPDAWG
Paypal is cutting their own throats. Newsgroup server access isn't illegal. I mean ffs what if you actually use it to read posts and trade.unix work?
--
Orange moved up to #6 and trounced Princeton. Looking forward to our last Big East football game Friday against Temple.

silvercat

join:2007-11-07
reply to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

»torrentfreak.com/paypal-bans-use···-121121/

All i can say is f*** PayPal I'm sure this will make paying by Bitcoins or some other form of payment more popular.

newster

join:2011-09-26
reply to TOPDAWG
Since PayPal is owned by Ebay, they might be just trying to protect their own business interests by banning anything related to file sharing.

It might be similar to Cable companies throttling bittorrent or newsgroups because of the fear that it serves as competition for their own lucrative pay-TV service.

sandman_1

join:2011-04-23
reply to TOPDAWG
Paypal need to die. Stop using them period for anything.

sfl0w

join:2010-07-20
Birmingham, AL
said by sandman_1:

Paypal need to die. Stop using them period for anything.

I know we don't always see eye to eye, but I do share the same sentiment on that one...it would be an excellent opportunity for someone to step up and fill the void that paypal is creating as they shoot themselves in the foot.