share rss forum feed

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3
reply to Jackorama

Re: [Vista] Can't get IE9 to load any websites since MS updates.

If this just started after doing updates, I would uninstall the updates, then reinstall them one at a time, checking to see if the problem reoccurs after each update install. Maybe you can narrow it down to a specific update that way.

Jackorama

join:2008-05-23
Kingston, ON

1 recommendation

said by La Luna:

If this just started after doing updates, I would uninstall the updates, then reinstall them one at a time, checking to see if the problem reoccurs after each update install. Maybe you can narrow it down to a specific update that way.

Thanks La Luna.

I think this is what I will have her try first. After checking around online I found some others who were having problems with ms update KB2761451 messing up IE9 on Vista. I think the easiest way would have her do a system restore to just before the updates, download and install minus KB2761451 update. Check IE9 and if it is good download & install the KB2761451. If it works, then we have solved the problem, if not we'll take the update off and look for another solution.

Jackorama
--
"Whenever they invent something that's moron proof, someone comes by and invents a better moron."

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do."