Premium Member
join:2002-03-12
Canada

Maven to Corehhi

Premium Member

to Corehhi

Re: WIN8 on new laptop=crap

said by Corehhi:

Desktop has no start button and no easy way to look for programs.

Customize the start screen and use that to launch your programs. Treat it as a full screen start menu.
said by Corehhi:

I don't use any of those sharing apps and all that. I don't want to be tracked all the time and I don't want to inform people of my latest bowel movement in real time. Sorry I'm not a hipster.

So uninstall those apps. Turn off whatever tracking you're talking about.

If you feel the start screen is that terrible, install classic shell as another user suggested and carry on. You are overreacting here.
lorennerol
Premium Member
join:2003-10-29
Seattle, WA

lorennerol

Premium Member

said by Maven:

said by Corehhi:

Desktop has no start button and no easy way to look for programs.

Customize the start screen and use that to launch your programs. Treat it as a full screen start menu.

I have three screens and can rarely see more than 10% of my desktop. The last thing I want to have to do is minimize everything to get to it to launch an app that I used to be able to with one click on the task bar.

Decent phone interface, blunderously stupid interface for a computer.
SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium Member
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX

SipSizzurp

Premium Member

said by lorennerol:

The last thing I want to have to do is minimize everything to get to it to launch an app that I used to be able to with one click on the task bar.

The ability to pin tasks to the task bar has not been removed, and still works fine.

pfak
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

pfak to Maven

Premium Member

to Maven
said by Maven:

So uninstall those apps. Turn off whatever tracking you're talking about.

If you feel the start screen is that terrible, install classic shell as another user suggested and carry on. You are overreacting here.

Sounds like a lot of work just to use a computer, this stuff shouldn't be here in the first place.