spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bimmerdriver

join:2010-12-10
Coquitlam, BC

What modem sync rate is required for HS 50?

For y'all who have been upgraded to HS 50, what modem sync rate were you getting before you got upgraded? My line was borderline for HS 25 so I'm wondering if it's good enough. The ALU is saying 61264 down and 11590 up. Is that enough?

South_of_22

join:2009-03-23

1 edit
I'm syncing at 76382 down and 12287 up myself.

bimmerdriver

join:2010-12-10
Coquitlam, BC

1 edit
Click for full size
Here are the xDSL stats from my ALU. How close are you to the dslam?

South_of_22

join:2009-03-23
Roughly 450 meters.
Actiontec v1000h.

anhloc

join:2009-12-11
Canada
reply to bimmerdriver
That 77/12 sync rate can mean you can talk to your DSLAM quicker. The numbers there just denote what you get to your place now, but not the absolute maximum (ie if TELUS was to give your line the beans, so to speak.)

My MABR has settled to 93Mb/s down 23Mb/s up, if I were to remove the QoS. But losing my job isn't worth that.
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.

AnonDSLGuy

@telus.net
said by anhloc:

My MABR has settled to 93Mb/s down 23Mb/s up, if I were to remove the QoS. But losing my job isn't worth that.

That and you'd never actually get those speeds. The 76/12 number wasn't randomly chosen, it's used because it's the highest rate we can achieve with PhyR still enabled. Higher speeds can only be hit if you use shitty interleaving; and are willing to accept a tiny fraction of the impulse noise protection and much higher latency.

Luckily future firmware will improve upon this.