spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jpainter

@spiritbb.com

Monitoring data usage on a Millenicom plan

Jim in VA wrote "Bought a Cradlepoint CTR35 for $50 off Amazon. Put it in WiFi as Wan mode. Made the connection between the 4620 and the Cradlepoint. Connected the CTR35 to a NetGear router that has an excellent traffic monitor for every device connected. It also expands the wifi signal tremendously over the Cradlepoint. Traffic used is very easy to monitor. Every device connected is easily monitored."

We're in an RV and need to conserve space. Is there a "one box solution" cellular router that will use the input of the 4620 and do the data traffic monitoring?

beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Stablehost.com

You can sign the modem up at vzw.com in my verizion. But, since I hate logging in there, I'm using a per PC monitor. I'm using networx and like it. I loved the network monitor gadget, but not supposed to use them anymore.

www.softperfect.com/products/networx/

Anyway, set that to show daily and monthly totals on each PC. It's working for me now.

Doesn't seem to be an easy way on the modem itself. Oh well. Good luck on your solution.
--
Damn spy drones!
They are interfering
with my sun spots.

jpainter01

join:2010-12-22
Crossville, TN

Thank you for this suggestion.

How do Networx's 30-day data usage calculations compare to the numbers that Millenicom calculates for the same time period? Or is there even a way to know how much you used during your 30 day cycle with the Millenicom plan?

We will be "snow birding" for 3 months in Florida in an area where only Verizon has a 4G presence. We're considering the Millenicom 20GB plan that uses Verizon towers and don't want to go over. Do they send you notices like Verizon does when you hit certain percentages of your data allotment?

We currently have a Verizon 4G Jetpack (4620) which will be put on "suspension" while in Florida and use something with a larger data allotment. I can monitor it Verizon's site, but the numbers they show always seem to be "behind". I've gone over my 5G allowance a few times, even though online reading taken at midnight on the last day of the cycle said I was OK. Is Networx real time?

beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Stablehost.com
reply to jpainter

I can't answer on how Networx compares to Millenicom totals. I don't know if you can see them.

But if you sign up the modem in vzw.com, then it will send you emails I believe. But they send those with a day or so lag from what I remember before. I just started with Millenicom. But 20GB is a lot more than 5GB. As long as I'm mindful of it, I can live in 20GB.

Networx is real time. There are several other monitoring programs too. This one just suits me the best.
--
Damn spy drones!
They are interfering
with my sun spots.

uptospeed

join:2012-10-28
North Collins, NY

Networx , Millenicom and vzw.com totals are all the same. I checked mine daily the first two weeks early am and they all match. I use Networx on the pc and SurplusMeter on my Macs. Nice to see separate totals. Noticed if you leave one on yahoo news the bandwidth just keeps adding up. Added ad blocker and that solved that problem. We use 2 desktop pcs, 1 laptop, 2 mac laptop, 2 ipads. Using approx 9 gig a month. Looks like we'll be left with enough to watch a few movies a month.

jpainter01

join:2010-12-22
Crossville, TN

said by uptospeed:

Networx , Millenicom and vzw.com totals are all the same. I checked mine daily the first two weeks early am and they all match.

How do you check the Millenicom usage?

uptospeed

join:2012-10-28
North Collins, NY

Just register your phone number at verizon. Then login whenever you want to check. Looks like it updates daily. You can also email
usage@millenicom.com but I prefer not to bother anyone