share rss forum feed

BingoRingo

join:2010-03-29
Gatineau, QC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to Amaryllis

Re: ElectronicBox: Terrible billing, very bad customer services!

said by Amaryllis:

On October24, 2012 a customer wrote on Internet "This is the worst billing service ever: they took the money and after many complaints for more than 20 days OF NO SERVICE...I have cancelled. The response was that they will not return the money because it was after more than 3 days."
Almost at the same time I have lived through the same situation:
they gulped down my monthly payment before I had any monthly service and stopped internet services just because the payment was deposited in a Montreal canadian bank 2 DAYS BEFORE THE FIRST OF THE MONTH.
- I have also canceled.
For any DELAY OF THE BANK they will say that you are 100% at fault, threaten, cut internet services, charge a lot and ask for $85 to reinstall!

If you want to loose your money and time, this is your provider: Terrible billing and very bad customer services.

I'm not sure I understand; you deposited money in your bank account, the money was frozen when Ebox took their payment, and the transaction failed. right?

Why are you blaming Ebox it's obviously your fault or the bank's fault.

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-21

Here is our general policy regarding payments

1: We are a prepaid service provider so payment must be received (not merely sent) before your month of service begins. 2 Notices would have already been sent at this level.

2: If payment still fail to be received on time we suspend the account and kick the user out of the network + send an email advising they have one week for us the receive the payment or enter in contact with us otherwise we send a disconnection request to our upstream provider. Starting this month we will have a dialer calling clients advising of the situation.

3: If payment is still not received on the 7 (one week after the first of the month) the account is being disconnected and reconnection fees applies (usually our cost price to reconnect).

Keep in mind the payment must be sent in advance and not merely sent on the last day of the month. Banks have a transit delay of 1 to 3 days. Our notice are also written with words that explain not to send it last minute.
--
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX

cyber_06

join:2004-11-26
Montreal, QC
reply to BingoRingo

Ebox will have a tracking number of the transaction of the bank (trace). Than, why Ebox have a bad faith with custumers ?

I thing, it time to change their " policy "; more humain.

BigBlarg

join:2008-02-10
Longueuil, QC

I think this policy makes sense.

I didn't have to worry too much about it anyway, my credit card is billed automaticly each month.

diskace
Electronic Box CEO
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-21
reply to cyber_06

said by cyber_06:

Ebox will have a tracking number of the transaction of the bank (trace). Than, why Ebox have a bad faith with custumers ?

Actually no we don't get the trace until the payment is received that is why we ask to send the payment in advance rather than on the due date.

The billing department is not supposed to suspend someone that took a payment arrangement or can show a proof of payment such as a bank slip. We only suspend when we don't hear back or when it's not the first time the client is late.

The dialer should help as people who have not seen the notice by email will be called.
--
Electronic Box Inc. - Jean-Philippe Béïque
Ebox forum »ELECTRONICBOX

MadCow

@electronicbox.net
reply to BigBlarg

said by BigBlarg:

I think this policy makes sense.

I didn't have to worry too much about it anyway, my credit card is billed automaticly each month.

Haha! That's until you get a call from the credit card company on the 27th telling you your card has been cloned and they canceled it. You'll be getting a new card in 5 to 10 business days (that's code for: 2 weeks min) and there's nothing you can do to accelerate that or stop the previous card from being canceled even though it hasn't actually been used. Its a true story for me except it was earlier in the month and I managed around it (and I was with Tek at the time). Now imagine if that happens, but for some reason you're on a field trip for two weeks and can't fix things in time... then surprise two weeks no phone or internet, plus you need to re-activate... I don't know about you, but I'd think might as well switch providers while at it.

I also use auto credit card, but still, I think the ebox policy is harsh except for new clients (like maybe first two months). But once you're a client, they should tolerate a bit more, ebox knows your address for sure and that you've been good for payment at least a couple of times, chance are its an innocent error. Its a recurring service your providing, its not like a retail service where its a one time transaction. You depend on the client feeling he's being fairly treated and you have a longer term relationship with him. And after all internet is an essential service (or that's what we keep telling the CRTC to force wholesale). Cutting service in my case would kill my internet and phone (makes it difficult to read the email or phone call telling me I need to pay quickly or will have to pay for a full re-install).

As for the payment being needed a bit before the end of the month because it needs to be passed before the 1st, couldn't you just say the deadline is the 1st, and internally pretend its the 3rd or 4th of the month. Its really just an offset thing between the client 'reality' of paying at the start of the month and the ebox 'reality' of actually getting the payment. I mean any store would be ok with me leaving with the merchandise after I pay with my credit card without having me wait in the store for 3 days for them to have the actual cash in their bank account.

I'm pretty vindictive with service companies (telecoms in particular), if I feel I've been unfairly treated I leave without warning and no retention gets me back. Videotron hit me once with 2GB overage and it was good bye Videotron tv&internet the next month (had been a client for TV for 17 years). I was going to keep TV, but their retention agent was making it so difficult for me to cancel the internet that I choose to close all my services and make it easier on him.

I've been happy with ebox, their service is reliable and friendly, so maybe I'm reading into the rules a bit to strictly and that's not how they treat longer term customers in reality. But for example, my install had a hiccup, the modem ebox sold me wasn't registered with Videotron properly (was their actual error in this case, not Videotron) which added a 3 day delay, but I figured my relationship with them didn't hinge on a few days delay. I would hope ebox would also not judge and execute me over a few days delay if it ever came to occur.

BigBlarg

join:2008-02-10
Longueuil, QC

That's why I have two credit cards. One for automatic billing that I don't use in stores and the other one for everything else.

I think it's convenient.

omasse

join:2004-12-21
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

said by BigBlarg:

That's why I have two credit cards. One for automatic billing that I don't use in stores and the other one for everything else.

Ça c'est une excellente idée que je pense que je vais "cloner".

Cesco
Electronic Box toddler
Premium
join:2009-01-28
Montreal, QC
reply to BigBlarg

palm-->face.
Such a simple idea and never thought of it. *sigh*
Thanx BigBlarg.

Eric1212

join:2012-07-13
Beauharnois, QC
reply to omasse

said by omasse:

said by BigBlarg:

Ça c'est une excellente idée que je pense que je vais "cloner".

Prend une visa scène, tu vas avoir des films gratos au cinéma