Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gozer
Premium
join:2010-08-09
Rochester, NY

The Black Friday Hit

I was doing the normal stuff I do in the eve and again was doing my usual bitching to myself because of my Frontier DSL and at first I thought it was just your normal eve slow down. I had chalked it up to a holiday and weekend, then I remembered its BFday and that it started last night now. Now it makes sense, I just did a speed test to the local Frontier by me that is on the same local wide with me. And got a 0.66 wait I just did one now and had to reload the test three times to get it to run and got 0.31Mbps. Guess Frontier decided to just wait and see how bad it would be on their all ready way over taxed network.

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
kudos:1
Two words. Time Warner. Why are you sticking with sub-par performance ? We are fast all the time day or night out here across the bay.

AlexRoc

@comcast.net
reply to gozer
I have had Frontier for 13 yrs it it has been consistent as I would ever expect.....

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
kudos:1
said by AlexRoc :

I have had Frontier for 13 yrs it it has been consistent as I would ever expect.....

Yep. Just like my uncle who refuses to drop RPA because he doesn't wish to lose his e mail address. He even has Time Warner in his home, bought a router, won't hook high speed up to his computer, but his wife uses Time Warner on her laptop. So my uncle dials in ... still. The other day RPA had a significant issue and he lost a "page" of e mail. He uses their webmail. His dial up is as consistent as he would expect also. (sorry for the off topic post....)