trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2
reply to Steimes

Re: Firefox for Android Available for Millions More Phones

Last time I tried Firefox on my phone the thing practically locked up solid on every page I tried to load. It even locked up while rendering a page on this site (not the text-only site).

I use Dolphin Browser with the Dolphin JetPack addon, works fine for what I need to do.
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog | AOKP (The Android Open Kang Project)

Steimes
I make internets
Premium
join:2002-01-08
Belle Vernon, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
I never had that issue on my mobile, but I have had Firefox on my desktop locking up on occasion. I have not used Dolphin in a long while, but I might give it a try again if Chrome fails me, but it hasn't yet.
--
Making procrastination an art form since Pluto was still a planet.

Selenia
I love Debian
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
kudos:2
reply to trparky
+1 on Dolphin Browser+Dolphin Jetpack. Held back at Gingerbread due to bug reports and battery life reports on ICS for my phone. My phone already does what it needs to do very well. Battery life could be better but it's fine with a battery saver+booster battery for my daily life. Don't want it to get any worse, so I cannot comment on Chrome. Tried Opera Mobile and Firefox. Rendering quality is very impressive on Dolphin+Jetpack and rendering speed is phoenominal. Nothing has surpassed it so far. Firefox still needs lots and lots of work to reach that level It is good as it stands, mostly but Mozilla PLEASE work on the annoying zoom and the random crashes(only happens on some sites but every other browser renders them fine). I keep Opera Mini on the side for those times where even the best of us are stuck on 2G(or worse, 2G and roaming) because it compresses the data, making weak connections feel snappier. Both seem much more developed than Firefox atm.

Posted from Dolphin Browser+Jetpack on my Pantech Burst.
--
A fool thinks they know everything.

A wise person knows enough to know they couldn't possibly know everything.

There are zealots for every OS, like every religion. They do not represent the majority of users for either.

howardfine

join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO
reply to trparky
said by trparky:

Last time I tried Firefox on my phone the thing practically locked up solid on every page I tried to load. It even locked up while rendering a page on this site (not the text-only site)..

so you didn't try this new version and don't know anything about it but thought you would talk about Dolphin?

And what does Dolphin have to do with anything with you other posters who also didn't try it?

Like I said, highly impressed with Firefox mobile. Fast and responsive and works with every site I went to.