These Are The Good Ol' Days.
MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada

Glen1 to LondonOntGuy

MVM

to LondonOntGuy

Re: Thanks Bell for no-showing today on my install

Sorry to hear about your "no show" but I have to say as a technician myself I have had to bounce tickets back because I got caught up with another job...no excuses here. Someone should have notified you one way or another and there is no excuse possible to make it any easier on you. There is no malice involved in the type of job, on my part, whether it is a "wholesale" job or not...sometimes we have to make choices on which job gets done. The estimates put on work sometimes are not a true reflection on how long it will take. The guy could have had an on duty injury or a vehicle accident on the way but you should have been notified...my apologies to you.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

1 recommendation

HeadSpinning

said by Glen1:

The guy could have had an on duty injury or a vehicle accident on the way but you should have been notified...my apologies to you.

They eventually found the tech, who had fallen asleep while waiting on the phone to speak to someone at assignment.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Sounds about right P:)
urbang33k
join:2010-02-13
Canada

urbang33k to HeadSpinning

to HeadSpinning
said by HeadSpinning:

They eventually found the tech, who had fallen asleep while waiting on the phone to speak to someone at assignment.

ah-hahahahaha you just made my morning

Rewstama
join:2006-11-20
canada

Rewstama to HeadSpinning

to HeadSpinning
said by HeadSpinning:

Why is it again that the Techs cant be trusted with a field terminal to access IPAIRS/MFAS/DMS ? Training? Competence ?

Anonymuss
@rogers.com

Anonymuss

Anon

I've heard DMS is its own programming language, so I can see that needing experience to understand it, but it doesn't matter completely anymore because TAP automates alot of things like swinging the dialtone to a new pair and pair changes.
MFAS I have no idea what that is.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to Glen1

to Glen1
I am not nor ever been a Bell Canada customer or any ISP's customer in Canada, but the "should have been notified" NEVER happens. IF you actually take the time to read about the no shows on this website you would find that it happens MORE than those that actually get a call.

Weather the tech themselves are to call or someone else, it just does not happen. And if you think jobs take longer than their true reflection then, Bell should hire more techs, or only accept X amount of orders per day, Or maybe even set time hour windows instead of all day. An automated system could be set up to call when a tech is not going to show up. But not even that is in place.