uniqs

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf to mrschultz02

MVM

to mrschultz02

Re: Do I still need a self-install kit if I supply my own modem?

When I ordered HSI online there were only two choices. One was make an appointment for a tech to come out and install it. The other was take the self install kit.

So I went with the self install kit and continued on to the next step. That's when an online chat session automatically started and some CSR type came on to confirm the order. That's where I told them not to send the self install kit and I asked to not be charged for it, The CSR said fine and gave me the phone number to call to activate the modem.

I called that number and gave them the modem MAC address. The service started working within a minute or two.
mrschultz02
join:2007-09-10
Wallingford, PA
Asus RT-AC88

mrschultz02

said by graysonf:

So I went with the self install kit and continued on to the next step. That's when an online chat session automatically started and some CSR type came on to confirm the order. That's where I told them not to send the self install kit and I asked to not be charged for it, The CSR said fine and gave me the phone number to call to activate the modem.

How many times did you have to ask for them not to send the kit out? I did the same thing as you but after telling the online chat person I had a modem and splitter so didn't need the kit they continued to say it was necessary in order to place the order. I only asked twice then agreed to have it sent.

Probably depends who you end up chatting with, or that I was signing up with the $20 a month promotion for the performance tier.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I asked only once to decline the self install kit and that was it. I was also signing up for Performance on a $19.95 promotion price for six months.

When I called the number they gave me to activate the modem, the person I spoke with reviewed my account history and decided to lower the promotional price quite a bit. I think it came out that my Comcast bill for TV and Performance HIS was only $6.00 more than just the TV alone. No complaints from me about that.

My promotion period just ended and I looked at my next bill online (they haven't mailed it yet). The total bill including taxes will now be $97.15. It had been $79.22 for the last six months.