how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NYCDrew

join:2000-03-17
Queens Village, NY

[Connection Sharing] Two networks, one internet connection

I need to add a 2nd separate network along side an existing one. The 2nd network will be two computers, a printer, and a scanner connected through a network switch. I want that network to be able to access the internet in addition to the first one which already does through it's router.

How would I set it up so I can access the same internet connection from both networks yet keep them separate?
--
Get started in E-Commerce

public

join:2002-01-19
Santa Clara, CA
said by NYCDrew:

How would I set it up so I can access the same internet connection from both networks yet keep them separate?

»www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/VL···ernet%29

clarknova

join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB
kudos:7
reply to NYCDrew
Any multi-LAN router will do. m0n0wall is simple to set up on x86 hardware, and Tomato runs nicely on some off the shelf routers. There are many other options.
--
db

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:19
reply to NYCDrew
Cheapest way would be 3 routers from off the shelf -- router 1 (the WAN router) plugs into the internet.
Router 2 (LAN #1) goes into one of the LAN ports on router 1, router 3 (LAN #2) goes into another one
of the LAN ports on router 1.

If you have money to spend, there's alot of prosumer / enterprise level gear that will allow you to do this.

Regards

shdesigns