dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to Thane_Bitter

Re: Black Friday Upon Us

said by Thane_Bitter:

Will take upwards of 400ft-lbs which should be enough to remove wheel nuts. PN is 58-9982-2, today is the last day of the sale.

who the eff is tightening their wheel nuts to 400 ft/lbs...i think most cars are only spec'd at 80, maybe 120?...400 sounds like an 18 wheeler or a bus.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20

On? no, but you will need that much, even more to get them off if the service tech drove them on with an impact wrench.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

said by Thane_Bitter:

On? no, but you will need that much, even more to get them off if the service tech drove them on with an impact wrench.

not me, i don't take my car to Canadian Tire ...the guys at Costco who switch my tires use an impact wrench to get the wheels off, and use it to spin the nuts mostly back on...then they finish it off with the torque wrench.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

mr weather
Premium
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

You're lucky. Mrs. Weather had taken the minivan to the dealership back in the summer to have the brakes looked at (one of the calipers wasn't releasing properly) and when I went to put on the winter tires I had to use a 2' steel pipe extension for my breaker bar to get the goddamn nuts off.

The tech impact wrenched them on. Spec is 95 ft-lbs, asshole.
--
"It's all coming down!!" - Mike Holmes