spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ImUpset

@mchsi.com

[IA] 50/5 Severe Latency Issues - Des Moines

I am a tenant at an apartment complex in Des Moines (Drake West Village). Multiple users (including myself) are experiencing incredibly high latency and unstable internet. Most users are running Cisco DPC3825's. I have attached ping tests to multiple locations. This has been happening frequently since the past week, but has gotten to the point where the internet is almost unusable.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:116

I will be happy to look into the issues that you are having. Can you send me an IM with your account or phone number?

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11
reply to ImUpset

wow that's pretty bad

kb0nly

join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN

Thats what i am seeing here in MN too... Slow and High Latency, packet loss is in the 90%

Boss302_1970

reply to ImUpset

good here still, thankfully

AlsoUpset

@mchsi.com
reply to ImUpset

I also live in the Des Moines area and have similar issues. Internet unusable more often than not. I have had 3 (or 4?) different technicians out here, and they all do the same thing...a quick cable check, or swap out the modem. They have never been able to fix anything for me.

Of course, I'm always told that no other customers have been experiencing any issues like this.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

AlsoUpset, I will be happy to look into the issues that you are having. Can you send me an IM with your account or phone number?

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
reply to ImUpset

When it comes to apartments, townhomes, condos and so on Mediacom is very limited in what they can do. Most of the time as a tech I can only check the splitter, fittings and replace hardware if needed but that's about it. No rewiring is usually done and even if we do some rewiring it's going to be on the outside of the building and a lot of managers hate that.

Several apartments (that I know of) decided to cut the cables on the outside and created a lot of trouble calls. At least one place is "blacklisted" so its no longer possible to create trouble calls for any address in the complex.

It sucks for you guys since very few managers are willing to invest a lot of money in a full rewire
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

Boss302_1970

wow that would make me want to move out.

Apartment

@mchsi.com
reply to Anonymous

Apartment managers however need to understand that the Wiring that was put in in the early 90s is simply not sufficient for the advanced services today required by the Docsis3 three modems and HD TV digital picture, Advanced services etc. Gives me. Food for thought to think about my move to

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2

said by Apartment :

Apartment managers however need to understand that the Wiring that was put in in the early 90s is simply not sufficient for the advanced services today required by the Docsis3 three modems and HD TV digital picture, Advanced services etc. Gives me. Food for thought to think about my move to

I completely agree but most of the time the only thing they care about is money.

Let me just add that I agree the wiring on the outside looks bad (not matter how much time you spend trying to hide it). After several years the building looks like crap but the problem is most managers assume this is Mediacom's problem. It is not. Just like with your telephone company, our responsibility stops at the main junction (MDU). The internal drop rewires that we do are mostly done to help out the customer and at no charge.

--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

Drake2013

@mchsi.com
reply to ImUpset

I also live in the Drake area and have been having issues. I've called twice to report the issue, and on the second call I got a response that technicians should be looking into a major outage in the area. My internet will work for five minutes before disconnecting, and it's been doing this for 24+ hours. Earlier this week, it was only disconnecting once or twice throughout the day, but has been increasing in frequency. Is this issue going to be fixed any time soon?! It's finals time in the Drake area, so it'd be great to see a quick response.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

I will be happy to look into this issue. Can you send me an IM with your account or phone number?