join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

reply to OZO

Re: Saudi Arabia Implements Electronic Tracking System for Women

More likely from the continued precedence and protection of patriarchal and misogynistic attitudes of their culture.

Women are second class citizens in most religions, not just Islam.

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

2 recommendations

This is one of the reasons most people don't want them here , their values and beliefs are incompatible with ours . Now they want to control women like micro chipped animals ...

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2
reply to DownTheShore

said by DownTheShore:

Women are second class citizens in most religions, not just Islam.

And I was talking about religions in general, not about Islam only...
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to Crowbar1

said by Crowbar1:

This is one of the reasons most people don't want them here , their values and beliefs are incompatible with ours . Now they want to control women like micro chipped animals ...

I don't really care what they do in their country, that's their deal, and if you basically take 50% (or in most cases more then 50%) of your population out of the game, well then your position in the world is likely to remain in the lower half of productivity, progressiveness, innovation, business, etc countries in the world.

Now of course if they move to or visit a country with different laws/rights/etc then I expect them to be subject to those laws/rights/etc, otherwise they simply shouldn't go there.

I don't go to some countries in the middle east because my relationship and such with my wife would be in conflict with their laws, so we don't.

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Link Logger:

well then your position in the world is likely to remain in the lower half of productivity, progressiveness, innovation, business, etc countries in the world.

Except that they have oil and thus money.

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

said by dave:

said by Link Logger:

well then your position in the world is likely to remain in the lower half of productivity, progressiveness, innovation, business, etc countries in the world.

Except that they have oil and thus money.

They only have money because someone buys their oil and because of the world's addiction to oil, they have lots of money (ie the world's addiction to oil is stronger then its dislike for what they do). Addictions are rarely good as they typically remove your ability to make a choice.

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

Anubis Prime

join:2001-06-01
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

The world is "addicted" to oil because there is NOTHING that is as readily available to provide the power needed by the world. Most of us would like to live in an imaginary future where Mr. Fusion is on the backs of our Deloreans but it isn't the case.

We need to continue to research alternative fuels and explore OUR OWN natural resources, and stop buying oil from people that want to kill us. I, for one, do not want to go back to the stone age while this happens.

So keep it flowing for now!
--
Give me Liberty, or I'll give you death!

Laura_cyber

join:2012-11-28
USA 94102
reply to DownTheShore

Hi,
I want to correct you, "Women are treated as animal or thing in most of the countries (it is not about religion)".
You can took example from news of last few months, what happened to Malaba and and Indian women (didn't know the name) who lost her life in IRELAND(a christian country) during her pregnancy because the physicians refuse to abort the child, arguing that it is against the Christianity. This is very disappointing that, they refuse the importance of mother's life over the foeticide.