uniqs
share rss forum feed

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Charter

Office 2013 and Charter mail

Anyone using Office 2013 with Charter yet.

I am trying to setup the account and it could not make a encrypted connection.

It tried again and made an unecrypted connection .

So i guess Charter is behind in upgrading there mail server to support newer software. What else is new.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
Charter's e-mail has never been an encrypted or secure connection, so you are correct. Nothing new!!

lineofsight

join:2003-01-03
East Saint Louis, IL
reply to mmainprize
Affirmative. If you let it auto setup the account, it tries to do the encrypted one first, then it gives up and tries unencrypted, that sets up fine.

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to cork1958
Well that's to bad, i setup a few other accounts and was able to find info to use a different port and SSL.
I hoped that charter had some other ports that could be used in SSL mode.

Also a side note, by default Outlook 2013 will auto setup your Charter e-maill accounts as IMAP type, and that means it no longer will use the PST file format and will use the new OST file format.
It also created a different mailbox and OST file for each account i setup. I did not like that as i had all my accounts setup to delivery mail to one inbox in my PST file in outlook 2010.
I found that if you did the manual setup you could still chose POP and point it to a PST file, it takes a little longer to setup but its much better IMHO. So now all accounts from Charter will go into one Inbox in One PST file and i don't have to click each account to view the 10 folder each just to check new e-mails in each account.

lineofsight

join:2003-01-03
East Saint Louis, IL
IMAP is better if you have more than 1 PC you get your email on.

justaguy

@charter.com
reply to mmainprize
use mobile.charter.net for secure IMAP and secure SMTP

IMAP
host: mobile.charter.net
port: 993
SSL: ON

SMTP
host: mobile.charter.net
port:587
SSL: ON