uniqs

xsbell
join:2008-12-22
Canada

xsbell to BlueArcher

to BlueArcher

Re: 24 Mbps package

quote:
NOTE: configuring the device as a bridge will make it inaccessible unless you statically assign your computer an ip address within 192.168.1.X, with a subnet of 255.255.255.0 and a gateway of 192.168.1.1

Connect to the web interface
Click Advanced -> WAN
Press Edit to adjust the settings
Set VPI to 0 and VCI to 35, click Next
Select Bridging, click Next,
Ensure 'Enable Bridge Service' is checked, click Next, and save

BlueArcher
Premium Member
join:2003-03-11
Lexington, KY

BlueArcher

Premium Member

That's all well and good, but this is not relevant to the Comtrend modems. Those options are not available. :)

They appear to have gone out of their way to remove the bridging function from the UI. I know on some of the older modems there was a specific URL you had to point to on the router to get to the check box, it was not accessible from the UI.

In the ATM connection config it says this, and has three radio buttons, and when you select EoA, there is no bridge option afterwards. I also tried PPPoA and I could not get it to connect, even though there were posts a couple years ago about it working in Windstream areas. (trying to save some overhead)

Select DSL Link Type (EoA is for PPPoE, IPoE, and Bridge.)
EoA
PPPoA
IPoA

xsbell
join:2008-12-22
Canada

xsbell

said by BlueArcher:

That's all well and good, but this is not relevant to the Comtrend modems. Those options are not available. :)

They appear to have gone out of their way to remove the bridging function from the UI. I know on some of the older modems there was a specific URL you had to point to on the router to get to the check box, it was not accessible from the UI.

In the ATM connection config it says this, and has three radio buttons, and when you select EoA, there is no bridge option afterwards. I also tried PPPoA and I could not get it to connect, even though there were posts a couple years ago about it working in Windstream areas. (trying to save some overhead)

Select DSL Link Type (EoA is for PPPoE, IPoE, and Bridge.)
EoA
PPPoA
IPoA

Really? It's the same modem a couple of other ISPs use but I guess they went and messed with the firmware. :)

Are you able to access the modem through telnet?

BlueArcher
Premium Member
join:2003-03-11
Lexington, KY

BlueArcher

Premium Member

Yes and it seems like it has the option here. I will play with this later today.

Usage:
       wan add interface <atm|ptm>
       wan add service <interfacename> --protocol <bridge|ipoe|pppoe|ipoa|pppoa>
       wan delete interface atm <port.vpi.vci>
       wan delete interface ptm <port> --priority <normal|high|both>
       wan delete service L3IfName
       wan show interface
       wan show [<port.vpi.vci>]
       wan --help <bridge|pppoe|pppoa|ipoe|ipoa>

jerminy11
join:2011-12-27
Texarkana, AR

jerminy11

What has Windstream said about you not getting the speed you are supposed to be getting