share rss forum feed

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Goggalor

Re: [Professions] Good Professions for Raiding/PvPing

i would keep what you have, the engy gadgets are great in pvp and it isnt much but mining gives you a stam buff, and if you are only going to dabble in raiding there isnt any need to min/max a prof
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
+1

Blacksmith + Mining is just awesome.

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
reply to cymraeg
Crit is actually your best stat as a warriror even over str at the moment. I would reccomend going skinning/ Leatherworking. Skinnning gives you 450 crit and leatherworking gives you 320 str and basically free BIS bracer and leg enchants which are the most expensive enchants so you save a lot in the long run. Engineering can be fun, but none of the gagets are usable in arena or RBGs and the glove tinker isnt usable with on use trinkets so you cant line it up with your DPS CDs most of the time.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
Thank you all for the suggestions. What would you all recommend if I wanted to min/max the professions? It may only be dabbling in the raiding side come time, but I would like to pull my weight when it comes down to it.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
said by Vinceruos_t:

Crit is actually your best stat as a warriror even over str at the moment. I would reccomend going skinning/ Leatherworking. Skinnning gives you 450 crit and leatherworking gives you 320 str and basically free BIS bracer and leg enchants.

^this
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
Why not just mining and skinning, get both buffs?

I have that one a toon. I use him to gather mats for my leather worker and my smith/engineer. And yes my smith and my engineer toons have mining on them as well.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Gan

join:2009-04-10
Taiwan
said by Snakeoil:

Why not just mining and skinning, get both buffs?

You sure can, but the benefits of primary professions (aforementioned LW and Enchanting perks, special gems from JC etc.) outweigh the benefits of the pure +480 stam toughness buff from mining, mostly for flexibility reasons. For instance, the +2 gem slots from BS can be filled with two Solid River's Heart for the same +480 stam, but can be switched out if needed. You can also make other enhancements like belt buckles, shield spikes, etc.