spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Danei132

@rogers.com

Switching to Teksavvy questions

Hi, I am currently a Rogers Cable customer looking for a new ISP in the coming months when my contract expires. I am currently experiencing disconnection problems and loss of internet problems with Rogers. Rogers has not been able to identify or resolve the problems that have been occurring for the past three months and have consistently blamed our home for the problems. After complying to all their requests to help resolve the problem and countless technicians coming over, we still continue to experience problems. Furthermore, they had two large scale outages in the past 30 days and that is just sad for a company of their size and one with that much financial power and control over the market.

My questions are:

If this problem is not resolved by contract's end and we decide to switch to Teksavvy, what are the chances of these issues to continue? Will the problems be gone if I change to Teksavvy who is providing their own bandwidth using a Rogers POI and a different IP?

Will I lose internet if say, Rogers has another outage (example, their servers go down again)?

On my street, the city tends to cut the roads to do maintenance on the pipelines both water and gas either every year or every two years, I don't remember. Will the issue be resolved the day of by TekSavvy or Rogers? Will Rogers even bother to fix our cable line because we aren't technically their customers anymore?

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
kudos:5
Hello there,

Thank you for your interest in TekSavvy. I'll be happy to address your concerns here.

1. As much as I would love to, I cannot guarantee that this issue would disappear if you came to TekSavvy. If (for instance) the line coming to your home did not have a stable signal, we would be using that same infrastructure. To be completely honest with you, I'm concerned that you have already had multiple techs out to look into this. If you switch to TekSavvy and the issue does persist, it would be a Rogers technician that would be dispatched.

2. As far as a Rogers outage is concerned, this would be the same as above. If there is Rogers outage in your area it would again depend on what the issue is, we do use the Rogers network for our last mile so it is very possible this would affect you as well.

3. If you lose signal or something is wrong with the external wiring yes Rogers will still resolve this for us and yes they are still responsible for those external cables. However, a same day resolution would not be possible. The soonest a tech may be out when one of our Cable Internet customers loses their signal is 2 days out.

I'm sorry I don't have better answers for you, but I would hate for you to switch to us and face nasty surprises in the future. With that being said, on the chance that the cable lines either coming to you or in the home may be the issue, have you considered possibly looking into DSL internet?

Thank you,
Keith
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

dm1336

join:2011-08-07
Scarborough, ON
reply to Danei132
For what it's worth... One of the issues that Rogers had was DHCP related and Teksavvy customers were not effected.

Not sure what the issue was with the 2nd outage you experienced. But like Keith said there is a good chance that whenever Rogers has an issue Teksavvy customers will be effected as well.

Given that you have issues with your cable modem you might want to consider DSL service and see if that's better.