share rss forum feed

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA
reply to garys_2k

Re: A good reminder for all...

I always take the check to the cashier and pay there, but I don't eat at those high-class restaurants that let you put your card into a pocket inside a leather-bound folder that also holds the check. Those are also the places where this kind of scam has sometimes taken place.

BTW, I noticed the comment about portable card readers, and I'm sure they now have those at high-class restaurants, too.
--
It is easier for a camel to put on a bikini than an old man to thread a needle.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

2 recommendations

said by rcdailey:

I always take the check to the cashier and pay there, but I don't eat at those high-class restaurants that let you put your card into a pocket inside a leather-bound folder that also holds the check.

high-class restaurants??

You mean like Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Longhorn Steakhouse??
Those all have the leather-bound folders and are hardly what I would call high-class. They are strictly middle-class restaurants.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
reply to rcdailey
said by rcdailey:

BTW, I noticed the comment about portable card readers, and I'm sure they now have those at high-class restaurants, too.

Not only are those kind of readers in restaurants, but they also exist on persons just walking the mall. Although the kind of readers I am talking about in this case is one that can grab card info even while you stroll...from a pocket or purse, etc. It's a dangerous place out there today.