kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
reply to hambone42

Re: Structured wiring questions for new (old) home

3 GHz barrels. Wanna buy a bridge?
At least they aren't charging "Monster Cable" prices, but they sure are using Monster Cables schtick. I'm surprised they aren't gold plated too.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
said by nunya:

3 GHz barrels. Wanna buy a bridge?
At least they aren't charging "Monster Cable" prices, but they sure are using Monster Cables schtick. I'm surprised they aren't gold plated too.

Like Monster they don't need to gold plate them as they can sell them anyway. What a joke. 3 GHz connectors.

Liberty

join:2005-06-12
Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
3 gig connectors DO make a difference - whether you believe it or not - for many digital signals

In the case of the new generation satellite internet services, a non 3 gig barrel connector can and will prevent the automated quality check system to fail, preventing the completion of the installation process

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
said by Liberty:

3 gig connectors DO make a difference - whether you believe it or not - for many digital signals

In the case of the new generation satellite internet services, a non 3 gig barrel connector can and will prevent the automated quality check system to fail, preventing the completion of the installation process

Let's see. I have the latest "new generation" sat internet service and I don't have 3 GHz coax or connectors. But it's working. According to you it won't work but I'm using it right now

Liberty

join:2005-06-12
Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
"Let's see. I have the latest "new generation" sat internet service and I don't have 3 GHz coax or connectors. But it's working. According to you it won't work but I'm using it right now"

You have Exede or Gen4 Hughesnet?

If so, do yourself a favor and call support and report it - they will send a corporate QC person out to remedy your faulty installation
Your system could be just barely passing
It is degrading your service and the sub who did your work will likely have their installer ID canceled