Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Traxless
Premium
join:2005-02-16
USA

Renewal Troubles

I received a renewal notice and made my first phone call in early November. I received some information and pricing. After talking to my SO, I called back a second time and received different information and different pricing. So after 2 more phone calls, Verizon has provided me different information each time and different packages/pricing. This is so frustrating and caused me to have so little confidence in Verizon customer service.

All we want is FIOS Prime TV and 15/5 Internet, bundled with our Verizon wireless service. We are dropping the phone service.

Two (2) customer service representatives have advised me that my 2 year contract expires on 12/21/12 and if I drop the phone service, I will be charged an early cancellation fee. Two (2) other reps said there would not be any early cancellation fee.

Three (3) CS reps said that if I renew FIOS Prime TV and 15/5 Internet at $89.99 (2 year contract), Internet will be upgraded to the next speed level for the same monthly fee. The last CS rep said that bundle will cost $99.99.

Can anyone help me to sort this out?

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
I have been advised that switching form Triple Play to Double Play would result in an ETF. I would wait until after your contract has expired and then switch to Double Play.

texastown

join:2008-04-25
Plano, TX
reply to Traxless
To my surprise, the online Verizon site is much improved from the past. It may be worth your time to check it out as it seems the information there is consistent and you get an email confirmation if you change anything so you have something concrete to verify your changes. The reps are often misinformed or just trying to get an order whereas the site is neutral. They have an online agent there too where you can print the converstion when you are done, another nice verification of what was offered.

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:3
reply to Traxless
Just do it online from your account, there is no ETF when going from triple to double play, I did it a few months ago and dumped the phone.

Bundling Cell phone with double play isn't an option that I am aware of

aa2k

join:2000-10-06
Damascus, MD
Hi, how much did you save by dropping the phone? I am planning on doing the same thing.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
said by aa2k:

Hi, how much did you save by dropping the phone? I am planning on doing the same thing.

I'm curious about this too. When I asked about dropping my landline last year they told me my bill would actually go UP by $5/month. I assume this is because of my cell phone bundling discount. I hate having a landline. We rarely use it and every day my voicemail is flooded with political and other nonsense messages.

celticpride

@verizon.net
In my case I was thinking of switching to directv dropping the tv and landline but they said my internet would automatically go from75/35 to 50/25 and would cost me $85.00 a month and be put in another 2 year contract(I still have 18 months to go on current contract),I was also told dropping the home phone would only save me $5.00,plus i have something called a 1 bill account because i have wireless phone,landline,internet,and fios tv all on one bill. I decided to stay at least for 1 more year,I almost feel like i'm being held hostage.

Traxless
Premium
join:2005-02-16
USA
reply to aa2k
After one (1) more call, I was finally able to sort this out. There is not an ETF if you renew an agreement even if you make changes to your buddle. My final monthly price for FIOS Prime TV and 15/5 Mbps Internet is $89.95 or $30 a month less than with the telephone including the taxes and fees with the phone service.

In addition, since I have one-billing with our Verizon wireless account, I received an Internet upgrade from 15/5 to the 50/25 plan for the same $89.95 price.

For the first time, we are only wireless phone in this house with an annual savings of about $350-$400.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to Traxless
For comparison, I currently pay $124.99 for Ultimate HD, 35/35 Internet, and Digital Voice. That includes a $15/month One Bill bundled discount. I'd be curious what the price would be if I just had Ultimate HD and 35/35 internet (I would even be fine with a slower internet speed).

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:3
reply to Traxless
I went from 129 to 89,
15/5 Prime no phone from
35/35 Extreme Phone

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Traxless
My bill dropped when I added phone service earlier this year. Plus I got a gift card. It was a sweet deal. Add more services and I paid less.

vshun1

@fanniemae.com
reply to Mac973
said by Mac973:

said by aa2k:

I'm curious about this too. When I asked about dropping my landline last year they told me my bill would actually go UP by $5/month. I assume this is because of my cell phone bundling discount. I hate having a landline. We rarely use it and every day my voicemail is flooded with political and other nonsense messages.

I dropped landline with them 3-4 years ago and went to VOIP which is $10 a month. Most of the savings are in fees which Verizon deceptively calls regulatory/subscribe/e911/whatever. VOIP has a few mandatory charges but they amount to $2 only while Verizon charges hefty amount. I felt I am being lied by Verizon and do not appreciate it so dropping landline with them is a no-brainer.

If you go Obi Hai with Google voice or OOMA over time you save significantly and will not feel duped by those fees/"taxes".