share rss forum feed

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13

1 recommendation

reply to steelman

Re: DDoS Attacks, Is Any VoIPP Less Susceptable ?

You [do] have a pretty website though, and it is dated 2012.

That will impress some people.

steelman

join:2012-10-29
There's plans to make the website »www.freelycall.com/ much better, but for now, a stable and redundant solution is the priority. I'm willing to give a month worth of try-outs for the US unlimited plan for early bird subscribers in return of feedback

pquesinb

join:2009-04-20
Severn, MD
Interesting.... not a bad-looking website but it's kind of slow so you might want to look into a faster web host.

I'm curious, what platform are you using for call routing? An open-source offering like Asterisk or FreeSWITCH or are you using a commercial offering? How long have you been using/working with this platform?

I can sort of relate to where you are, my background is similar although it includes hardware design (not particularly relevant to providing VoIP services) in addition to software (mostly firmware) development, a lot of network/IT and telecom. I started using VoIP in my own business for a few years and then began hosting business telephone services for a few select clients. I've been providing services for others for about a year now and am still learning. I've learned a lot in the past year, so much in fact that I see certain things much more clearly than before. One of the things that has become incredibly clear as a result of this knowledge that I have attained is that I still have much to learn.

I can tell you that hosting for other businesses is far different than providing service for your own business, especially when it comes to serving remote endpoints behind NAT firewalls and attempting to avoid proxying/"tromboning" media across your network by sending it directly between endpoints and/or between endpoints and the PSTN. There are numerous other goodies in store, as well.

As a result, I've held off launching any sort of website offering VoIP services so far, at least until I feel worthy. When I feel worthy, I'll probably have my head examined.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know where you are experience-wise and in launching your service and I'm certainly not trying to discourage you, I just thought I'd share my experience so far. I wish you luck.

It's not as easy as it looks.

- Phil