« Dang!
This is a sub-selection from Pricing

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to Telco

Re: Pricing

said by Telco:

We also have large Metro Areas like NYC, DC, Boston, Chicago, LA, etc etc, which still have 1 maybe 2 choices and cost double and up. Whereas, I was able to choose from about 9 networks when I was overseas: 2 cable providers, 2 Wimax, 5 ADSL2+ networks, and a plethora of resellers.

Rich evil greedy corporations I guess. That's what you want to hear at any rate.

In addition, can you explain how and why data services in nations with a lower population density than America also cost less?

Like Canada? That's sarcasm in case you didn't get that.

Jim Kirk
Premium
join:2005-12-09

said by 88615298:

said by Telco:

We also have large Metro Areas like NYC, DC, Boston, Chicago, LA, etc etc, which still have 1 maybe 2 choices and cost double and up. Whereas, I was able to choose from about 9 networks when I was overseas: 2 cable providers, 2 Wimax, 5 ADSL2+ networks, and a plethora of resellers.

Rich evil greedy corporations I guess. That's what you want to hear at any rate.

In addition, can you explain how and why data services in nations with a lower population density than America also cost less?

Another ad hominem attack instead of providing an answer. Didn't expect any less I suppose.
Expand your moderator at work

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO
reply to 88615298

Re: Pricing

said by 88615298:

Though you say it in just, that is exactly the problem with a mixture of Laissez-faire approach he mentioned.

Telco

join:2008-12-19
Reviews:
·Callcentric

1 edit
reply to 88615298

said by 88615298:

I'm not going to get into a pointless discussion where you spout out talking-points from faux news and Rush. The fact is that with the exception of ourselves and Canada, the rest of the OECD pay much less, receive faster services, and have significantly more options.

Surely folks who are apparently 'experts' in economics and capitalism (cough cough) would grasp the benefit of competition. You know, as in having more companies than just monopolies and duopolies.

Those of us who learned deductive reasoning, critical thinking and even something as simple as reading an economics book, realize that competition benefits the American people - but lowers profits.

Therefore, while these businesses talk a big game about the free market and no regulation, staying a monopoly secures and entitles them to hefty profit margins.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to 88615298

said by 88615298:

Rich evil greedy corporations I guess.

Despite your misplaced sarcasm, yes, that is exactly it.

Captive market, blocked competition, maximize revenue. The entire problem in a nutshell.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini
Expand your moderator at work