K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1
reply to freeeedom

Re: Satellite service & set up?

said by freeeedom :

You do realize that when you are in PA America is you can get your full TV from the online editions of the U.S....

That doesn't help with Canadian content though.
Having lived in N Vt for a decade or so, I really missed it when I moved away.
In fact I found out about major US news stories on Canadian TV first... like by months before they would turn up finally on 60min or something.
And while much of it is US shows Canada produces, some very good series (as well as a large number or ours actually made there)

Unfortunately even by internet you can't get access to Canadian TV in the US unless maybe you can work at well enough spoofing a Canadian IP.
--

XPY

join:2012-11-24
Burlington, ON

said by Hayward:

said by freeeedom :

You do realize that when you are in PA America is you can get your full TV from the online editions of the U.S....

That doesn't help with Canadian content though.
Having lived in N Vt for a decade or so, I really missed it when I moved away.
In fact I found out about major US news stories on Canadian TV first... like by months before they would turn up finally on 60min or something.
And while much of it is US shows Canada produces, some very good series (as well as a large number or ours actually made there)

Unfortunately even by internet you can't get access to Canadian TV in the US unless maybe you can work at well enough spoofing a Canadian IP.

Yep Canadian content is key. Since the turfing of the fair doctrine policy in the US the media seems to be under someone elses control.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1

said by XPY:

Yep Canadian content is key. Since the turfing of the fair doctrine policy in the US the media seems to be under someone elses control.

Well the Canadians do it too. I have no interest in seeing the US stuff from Canada but I would like to see the Canadian content of their networks. Works the same way you must have an IP from Canada.
--