MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to CXM_Splicer

to CXM_Splicer

Re: U.S. Government doesn't need permission

said by CXM_Splicer:

Just out of curiosity...

If I go buy a no-name, cheapo wallet and I make a Coach symbol myself in my basement and slap it on... just walk around with it telling everyone it is a Coach wallet, have I stolen the 'image'? Do I deserve to go to jail for that?

Or if I look at the patents for Monster Cables... buy the same special Low-Oxygen copper wire, connect the same style gold-plated connectors... in effect made my own Monster Cables and connected them in my car, have I stolen their design? Do I deserve to go to jail for that?

If you distribute the fake products, then you are in the very least open to a civil suit.

JakCrow
join:2001-12-06
Palo Alto, CA

JakCrow

said by HeadSpinning:

If you distribute the fake products, then you are in the very least open to a civil suit.

Which brings up the question of why government is acting almost exclusively on the behalf of corporations these days.
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer to HeadSpinning

Premium Member

to HeadSpinning
said by HeadSpinning:

And if they are not distributed but instead used personally by you? I would fully expect OSUGoose to say it is also stealing and should be punished.