share rss forum feed

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
reply to tdumaine

Re: [iPhone] iPad 2 as wireless repeater?

said by tdumaine:

said by darcilicious:

So my iPad 2 (iOS 6.0.1) picks up the open wifi at work just fine (usually two bars, connection never drops).

My iPhone 5 (iOS 6.0.1), which is right next to my iPad 2, can't even see the same wifi, let alone connect to it, even with the case off, even after rebooting, even after turning blue tooth, blah blah blah.

Is there anyway I can get my iPad 2 to provide a wifi connection to my iPhone? (neither are currently jailbroken).

(I wouldn't even bother with asking this but my 4G connection sucks from mid-morning until end of the work day here)

Without being jailbroken no.
Even if you were jailbroken it cant be a repeater. It could share its 3G connection if it's not a wifi only ipad, but no, no repeater options

no tethering between wifi and bt?
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

tdumaine
Premium
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA

said by AVD:

said by tdumaine:

said by darcilicious:

So my iPad 2 (iOS 6.0.1) picks up the open wifi at work just fine (usually two bars, connection never drops).

My iPhone 5 (iOS 6.0.1), which is right next to my iPad 2, can't even see the same wifi, let alone connect to it, even with the case off, even after rebooting, even after turning blue tooth, blah blah blah.

Is there anyway I can get my iPad 2 to provide a wifi connection to my iPhone? (neither are currently jailbroken).

(I wouldn't even bother with asking this but my 4G connection sucks from mid-morning until end of the work day here)

Without being jailbroken no.
Even if you were jailbroken it cant be a repeater. It could share its 3G connection if it's not a wifi only ipad, but no, no repeater options

no tethering between wifi and bt?

If both were jailbroken it could possibly be done that way, but there's no jailbreak for the iphone 5 yet (public that is), and there is no jailbreak for A5 devices on 6.x.x so its kind of moot since there is no eta for when either jailbreak will release