spc
Search similar:

uniqs

tpella
@verizon.net

tpella

Anon

Bounced back email "detected as spam"

Please help. When I email certain people (that I have been successfully emailing for years using my current Verizon account) the emails now bounce back with the following message:

This report relates to a message you sent with the following header fields:

Message-id:
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 15:43:49 -0600 (CST)
To: theperfectsearch@factfindersltd.com
Subject: 20121111 Sandra Childs Tucker

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: theperfectsearch@factfindersltd.com
Reason: SMTP transmission failure has occurred
Diagnostic code: smtp;554 5.7.1 The message from () with the subject of (20121111 Sandra Childs Tucker) matches a profile the Internet community may consider spam. Please revise your message before resending.
Remote system: dns;inbound.factfindersltd.com.netsolmail.net (TCP|206.46.173.13|57872|206.188.198.64|25) (inbound.net.registeredsite.com ESMTP SMTP Service [NO SPAM/UCE])

I have been on the phone for HOURS with Verizon, but nothing changes. I've tried the whitelist, spamdetector etc...Sometimes the email goes through, but 99% of the time it does not. It's just been happening in the last 3 - 4 months. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

A side-by-side comparison with one of my Delivery Failure Notices leaves me with questions.

What outbound mail server are you using?

Nearly as I can tell, your outbound email is going out from [206.46.173.13:57872], where the number after the colon is the port number used, and delivery is attempted to [206.188.198.64:25]. The sending IP address, [206.46.173.13], is listed by the SORBS DNSBL, which is, apparently, used by the receiving IP address, [206.188.198.64]. The result code is shown as, [127.0.0.6], but it looks like I need to sign up a SORBS account to learn the significance of that result.

tpella
@verizon.net

tpella

Anon

I straight up use Verizon netmail. No Outlook or anything. The intended receiver swares it's not from their end.
tpella

tpella to NormanS

Anon

to NormanS
I email straight from Verizon webmail.

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt to tpella

MVM

to tpella
Agree with NormanS See Profile it appears the 206.46.173.13 IP is blacklisted by Sorbs, but not by any other blacklist service.

»mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool. ··· 6.173.13

Just to double check go to »www.whatismyip.com/ to verify you IP address.

Since the reject message asks to reformat the message have you tried that? Leave the numbers off the subject line and do a simple test message and see what happens.

SNMP error 554 is kind of a generic "we don't like it."

/tom

tpella
@verizon.net

tpella

Anon

Thanks to both of you. We've gotten further here than I have in months with Verizon customer service.

I have "applied" to my IP removed from the blacklist.

And I did try sending just a "test" email, but it bounced back as well.

One interesting thing I've discovered: if I go to the old version of Verizon netmail (vs. the new version, webmail), my email sends. That's the work around I'm using for now.
techmi28
join:2012-01-11
USA

techmi28 to tpella

to tpella
I stumbled upon this forum and decided I'd throw in what I know. A whois on factfindersltd.com shows their host is Network Solutions. Network Solutions recently changed their spam filters and it's wreaking havoc all over. Many Network Solutions customers are missing emails, unable to send mail, etc.

The solution is to have someone from factfindersltd.com who is authorized to call Network Solutions support and have them whitelist your (the sender) domain.

I've run into this about five times in the last month as a consultant. It's Network Solutions and their new spam filter is junk. Too many false-positives.

tpella
@verizon.net

tpella

Anon

Thanks. I'll have factfinders do that. Just a pain to ask a client to go through all that.

Thanks again.