4. C-Span 3--Historical review
5. Pentagon Channel
6. Family Network
7. Sony Movie Channel
8. EPIX--HD package
9. THIS Network----67.2 local
10. IndiPlex-HD
12. RetroPlex-HD

In addition, I would like to see the following channels that were promised but never materialized added to the lineup

1. PAC-12 Los Angeles HD
2. PAC-12 Arizona HD 3. PAC-12 Washington HD
4. PAC-12 Oregon
5. PAC-12 Mountain HD
6. PAC-12 Bay Area HD
7. World Fishing Network-HD
8. NESN-National HD
9. Fox Sports South
10. Fox Sports Carolina
11. Fox Sports West
12. MAV-TV-HD

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by Rick4769:

I would like to see the following adding to the TWC Suburban WNY cable lineup:

1, Military History Channel
2. WGN-America SD & HD
3. Ovation SD & HD
4. C-Span 3--Historical review
5. Pentagon Channel
6. Family Network
7. Sony Movie Channel
8. EPIX--HD package
9. THIS Network----67.2 local
10. IndiPlex-HD
12. RetroPlex-HD

In addition, I would like to see the following channels that were promised but never materialized added to the lineup

1. PAC-12 Los Angeles HD
2. PAC-12 Arizona HD 3. PAC-12 Washington HD
4. PAC-12 Oregon
5. PAC-12 Mountain HD
6. PAC-12 Bay Area HD
7. World Fishing Network-HD
8. NESN-National HD
9. Fox Sports South
10. Fox Sports Carolina
11. Fox Sports West
12. MAV-TV-HD

you will rollover when you hear this TWC in North Texas actually had CSPAN3 on analog until the middle of last year! We still have it on the limited basic tier and it is clear QAM digital only on channel 6 and 233.

I also have Ovation SD and HD along with WGN america (SD only on channel 25 analog and digital) and MAVTV HD.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:9

1 recommendation

reply to Rick4769

Noted

Hob

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Rick4769

I'd like to see HBO, Cinemax and Starz On Demand channels with HD content. For the extra cost for the premium channels, it's a shame that only Showtime's VOD has any HD content at all and even then, not enough.

How much longer before all channels in the lineup are HD only?
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
reply to Rick4769

What should be encouraging to you is that all but 7 and 8 are in the TWC/BHN system. Since they are in the system, they could be announced at any time as carriage agreements come up.

There's very few things that aren't in the TWC/BHN contracts now. I don't think there's any question they are the leader in HD content. I don't think there's even a discussion anymore now that NFL Network has launched.

I would love to have to have access to what TWC/BHN has, so my wishlist is that the Southern California systems catch up to the Eastern systems, and that the non-strategic areas on the national grid keep launching SDV as some of those markets have very limited HD lineups.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
reply to Rick4769

EPIX

Ditto for EPIX.

cmt 2012

@verizon.net

And CMT Pure Country for Staten ISland

Satch

join:2009-11-25

1 recommendation

Fight Now TV

Wealth TV.

As a side-note, when TWC redid the website, we lost the channel changes information link. Where can I get information on channel changes and negotiations for the Metro Milwaukee Wisconsin area?

Satch

Rick4769

join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

Regulatory----Channel change Information

Under Regulatory at the bottom of the page of the TWC page.

Privacy Policy/ Terms Conditions & Policies/ Regulatory/ Forward-Looking Statements Caution/California Privacy Right /Website Terms of Us

motorola870

Arlington, TX
reply to cmt 2012

Re: EPIX

said by cmt 2012 :

And CMT Pure Country for Staten ISland

not likely to happen only areas to carry it to this day are former adelphia/at&t broadband (there was some swaps done back in 2001 that gave at&t systems in Texas and Time Warner Cable systems in Texas as well)/comcast systems that TWC has aqquired over the years.

Satch

1 recommendation

reply to Rick4769

Re: Regulatory----Channel change Information

said by Rick4769:

Under Regulatory at the bottom of the page of the TWC page.

Privacy Policy/ Terms Conditions & Policies/ Regulatory/ Forward-Looking Statements Caution/California Privacy Right /Website Terms of Us

Thanks!

It's harder to find with the new site design, but it's there!

Satch

MeInDallas

join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX
reply to Rick4769

Re: [TWC] Time Warner Cable Channel Wish List

Nevermind, it says channels.

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY

Yesterday, TWC WNY added RLTV right on schedule.

Satch

reply to juilinsandar

said by juilinsandar:

I'd like to see HBO, Cinemax and Starz On Demand channels with HD content. For the extra cost for the premium channels, it's a shame that only Showtime's VOD has any HD content at all and even then, not enough.

We have several Showtime Channels in HD. Texas may be "Behind the Eight-Ball, with channel ads because of bandwidth issues. I can't recall now what their capacity is at this time.

Bandwidth problems is also why some TWC customers were outraged that they could not get NFL Network. I heard that in some cases, TWC brought in special equipment to allow the addition of the channel, while the nodes are worked on to make it permanent.

In some markets, TWC is moving to an all-digital only transition. All HD only may be a ways away, because many of the legacy boxes, still only have the smaller hard drives, and customers sometimes will record an HD channel to conserve drive space. An Auto HD setting that can be manually turned on/off has been rolled out in some markets. But only a handful of channels are Auto HD at this time if you have the setting. The analog stations take up a lot of bandwidth, so the plan is to begin the transition of moving analog stations to digital to allow more HD channels. This is beginning now in some markets and will be on-going.

But there are a couple of areas, I think some sections of Tennessee is one of them, where the spacial structure is so old, they can't do new channels without a complete system overhaul. Meaning, that where you live in relation to your system capacity, makes a big difference in what you get.

Satch

motorola870

Arlington, TX

said by Satch:

said by juilinsandar:

We have several Showtime Channels in HD. Texas may be "Behind the Eight-Ball, with channel ads because of bandwidth issues. I can't recall now what their capacity is at this time.

Bandwidth problems is also why some TWC customers were outraged that they could not get NFL Network. I heard that in some cases, TWC brought in special equipment to allow the addition of the channel, while the nodes are worked on to make it permanent.

In some markets, TWC is moving to an all-digital only transition. All HD only may be a ways away, because many of the legacy boxes, still only have the smaller hard drives, and customers sometimes will record an HD channel to conserve drive space. An Auto HD setting that can be manually turned on/off has been rolled out in some markets. But only a handful of channels are Auto HD at this time if you have the setting. The analog stations take up a lot of bandwidth, so the plan is to begin the transition of moving analog stations to digital to allow more HD channels. This is beginning now in some markets and will be on-going.

But there are a couple of areas, I think some sections of Tennessee is one of them, where the spacial structure is so old, they can't do new channels without a complete system overhaul. Meaning, that where you live in relation to your system capacity, makes a big difference in what you get.

Satch

It is not a bandwidth issue at least 50-60% of the Texas systems run at 860MHz while the rest are 750MHz that usually are over-driving the system to 771MHz or 783MHz. one of the reasons some of the Texas systems look so desperate is because they still have motorola boxes in conjunction with Scientific Atlanta and Samsung boxes on the same system and those systems are using dual encryption mediacypher for motorola and powerkey for the cisco/Samsung boxes.

I want to say that TWC is holding off on some of the launches in Texas for HD because of contract issues. Dallas which is 860MHz has the most HD channels in Texas with 143 HD channels while on the other hand a smaller system that is ran out of the Dallas offices is 750MHz and only has 102 HD channels.

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
reply to juilinsandar

We’ve had both HBO and Cinemax On Demand in HD for probably two years now here, and Showtime even longer. Over a year ago, HBO 3D On Demand was added which is a huge plus for me. It would be nice to have Starz On Demand in HD. And I believe Starz does do 3D On Demand as well. Comcast has it, IIRC. That might come if TW and Liberty ever sign a new agreement, the Starz channels have been on month to month for a long time now. The HD feeds of Starz Cinema and Starz In Black have not been added here either.

All I want is for Time Warner to add the channels that they have previously announced. And it’s unrealistic, but add Epix. And while I’m being completely unrealistic, iNDemand can get the rights for NFL Sunday Ticket so I can drop DirecTV.

As much as I’m pro big business, and would like to see Epix, the creation of that suite of channels was basically to bone customers after Viacom and CBS split. Everything that the Epix channels air should be on Showtime. So from that standpoint, I would not like to see them added and have MSO rebel against Epix.
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
reply to Rick4769

said by Rick4769:

Yesterday, TWC WNY added RLTV right on schedule.

Yes I posted that in an appropriate thread.
Interesting to see that FIOS just removed MAV TV

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY

FIOS will also remove Blue Highways TV, Black Belt TV and the little watched Youtoo. My friend told me that TCM-HD is one of the most requested in the WNY FIOS area which TWC carries.

Satch

said by Rick4769:

FIOS will also remove Blue Highways TV, Black Belt TV and the little watched Youtoo. My friend told me that TCM-HD is one of the most requested in the WNY FIOS area which TWC carries.

However,

Note that because of the age of most of TCM's movies, with only a few exceptions, they are not in HD. However, they are presented on the TCM-HD channel in their original aspect ratio, and the prints are still very good to excellent. The shows are up converted, and TCM does a very good job, considering the age of their many films.

Satch

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS

I enjoy the HD feed of TCM as compared to the SD feed that are offered by Time Warner. It is definitely one of the HD channels I must have since it is commercial free. Ever since AMC added commercials, I quit watching it as the movies are cut up and virtually ruined.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

said by Rick4769:

I enjoy the HD feed of TCM as compared to the SD feed that are offered by Time Warner. It is definitely one of the HD channels I must have since it is commercial free. Ever since AMC added commercials, I quit watching it as the movies are cut up and virtually ruined.

I must admit I never watch it.....With FIOS maxed out on channels I doubt they will see it anytime soon.

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

roc5955
Premium
join:2005-11-26
Rosendale, NY
reply to Rick4769

I would like to see them come up with a new guide that didn't take a half hour to load updates, and not stall when accessing menus.
--
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

said by roc5955:

I would like to see them come up with a new guide that didn't take a half hour to load updates, and not stall when accessing menus.

I dont have any of those issues. What box do you have?

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

roc5955
Premium
Rosendale, NY

SA 4250HDC
It's not the box that sucks, it's the program. Once they went to Maestro, or whatever they call this piece of crapware is, it started this. All my calls to support tell me that this "sometimes" happens. I guess that sometimes is a couple of times a week.
Also, before they went with Maestro, I was getting three or more weeks of program schedules. Now it's no more than a week.
And if it's near the time when they have to update the schedule, it's slower than molasses on a snail in February!
--

Satch

said by roc5955:

SA 4250HDC
It's not the box that sucks, it's the program. Once they went to Maestro, or whatever they call this piece of crapware is, it started this. All my calls to support tell me that this "sometimes" happens. I guess that sometimes is a couple of times a week.
Also, before they went with Maestro, I was getting three or more weeks of program schedules. Now it's no more than a week.
And if it's near the time when they have to update the schedule, it's slower than molasses on a snail in February!

You should post any Navigator issues in this thread here:

»[TWC] Time Warner Navigator

I will replay with your quote in that thread. This thread is for a channel wish list.

Satch

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
reply to roc5955

"SA 4250HDC
It's not the box that sucks, it's the program."

Actually its the box. Its pretty old. The newer Samsungs and Cisco's are better, they have more memory. The guide is updated nightly, it goes out 7 days and has done for as long as I can remember. I don't ever remember it going out 3 weeks as in most cases 3 weeks of data does not exist.

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

roc5955
Premium
Rosendale, NY

Well, that's the box I was given at the office. Maybe that's all the boxes that they are giving out here!
--

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

Possibly, I dont have an in depth knowledge of every area.

Hob

Rick4769

Buffalo, NY

Does Time Warner actually take into consideration their customers channel requests?

Satch

said by Rick4769:

Does Time Warner actually take into consideration their customers channel requests?

Yes,

Along with the best deals or packages that they can in negotiations. System bandwidth is another issue. As more analog stations come off of additional TWC/BHN systems, this will make the way for increased channel space.

I am thrilled with TWC's channel selection line-up in the Metro Milwaukee Wisconsin Market! It is HUGE! By comparison, I think only New York City and vicinity has a bigger line up.

Popularity basing, with the strong demand for NFL Network and Red Zone for football fans, I don't think there are too many more "big deal" channels that we don't have at TWC. TWC has a better HD channel selection than any satellite provider or AT&T U-Verse. (in my division.)

Satch