spc
Search similar:

uniqs

abitbent
join:2004-04-23
Brantford, ON

abitbent

300 Gig Retention Offer

With my Rogers internet sentence expiring in 30 days, I called to cancel my internet services with them. I've been with them since 1995.

Retentions offered me 300Gig for $62.36 taxes in with a 1 year contract.

I can get 300Gig from Start.ca for about the same price with no contract... and this is their regular price all day everyday. Didn't have to call and threaten to leave to get it.

I don't know when Rogers will finally figure this out, but their greed is going to hurt them in the end.

Seeing that there are 500Gb packages available in New Brunswick from Rogers and not in Ontario just underscores to me how underhanded and greedy this company is.

I feel liberated already.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Funny thing is, the price will increase in March/April anyway, as it normally does with all Rogers services each spring.

The contract means shit, as they will increase the price.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to abitbent

to abitbent
said by abitbent:

I don't know when Rogers will finally figure this out, but their greed is going to hurt them in the end.

There are more than enough suckers out there.

Shrug
@videotron.ca

Shrug to HiVolt

Anon

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

As shown in this years CCTS release, contract pricing should not increase. If you get a maeterial change in service while on contract (that is, a price increase), then you can run to the CCTS or quit your contract w/ no penalty.

Thing is, not many people will file a complaint for a 2$ increase. Rogers knows this.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Rogers always treats the contracts on TV or Internet differently than Cell plans...

My Cell plan NEVER increases in price, yet my TV increases every year despite being on a 12-month term retentions deal...

I think they get away with that because they don't give you a lower price, but a monthly discount on the base price for a fixed term, and if you cancel you have to repay the difference... But this way they can always jack up the price.
TechChime
join:2012-11-17
Barrie, ON

TechChime to abitbent

to abitbent
Rogers should not only be shutdown, everyone who works for them I don't care what level should be shot and their genetic materials dissolved in acid.

Its amazing how Canada allows these guys to even operate anymore =(
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by TechChime:

Rogers should not only be shutdown, everyone who works for them I don't care what level should be shot and their genetic materials dissolved in acid.

Oh yes everyone who works for Rogers or Bell should be shot for policies and business practices created and pushed from the top down by a very select few.

Gimme a break. Totally idiotic.
snorlax14
join:2007-11-20
Thornhill, ON

snorlax14 to TechChime

to TechChime
There goes the Blue Jays, Raptors, TFC, Rock, and the kids that serve pop and chips at the Dome. Ouch!
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR to Shrug

to Shrug
said by Shrug :

said by HiVolt:

As shown in this years CCTS release, contract pricing should not increase. If you get a maeterial change in service while on contract (that is, a price increase), then you can run to the CCTS or quit your contract w/ no penalty.

Thing is, not many people will file a complaint for a 2$ increase. Rogers knows this.

The thing is, the discount is a percentage, not a fixed price. That's probably how they can get away with it pretty easily.

I switched to Start Communications a couple of weeks ago.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by MichelR:

The thing is, the discount is a percentage, not a fixed price. That's probably how they can get away with it pretty easily.

Yep, the discount is a percentage... damn crooks.

Rogersfail
@rogers.com

Rogersfail to abitbent

Anon

to abitbent
DO NOT take that plan. We recently cancelled due to Roger's absolutely ludicrous internet packages/bandwidth caps and the pricing to go with them.

Retentions offered me that same plan. We had ultimate internet at the time and I explicitly stated 'I keep the same speed and just get a higher cap' to which the CSR in retentions lied and said yes. No surprise hearing lies from Robbers of course. They're always full of crap.

Turns out the package is called '300GB High Speed Express' The kicker is that this package doesn't actually even have the speed of Express which is 28Mbps, you actually get 15Mbps. This is some package they offered students for a while and comes with that low speed and the higher cap. It's a pure rip off, they offered it me for $62 as well.

You can get 300gig and 28Mbps from Teksavvy for $45 a month vs Rogers 300gig and 15Mbps a month.

Rogers is so committed to the notion of not giving reasonable bandwidth caps and milking the cow of overages charges. Bandwidth costs them nothing, they pay for pipes of a stated capacity and have tons of capacity, not for bandwidth.

My advice is get out. After they lied to me and I then had to call in and deal with their bull, my wife and I are cancelling our cell phones with them, cancelling our televions.. the works.

We need foreign companies brought in that are willing to compete in the internet space here, there are no shortage of them. CRTC is bought and paid for by Bell/Rogers, that along with the two of them colluding on prices for duopoly is screwing us all. Rogers gets not a dime from us any more.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by Rogersfail :

We need foreign companies brought in that are willing to compete in the internet space here, there are no shortage of them.

Good luck finding a single one that will want to build a 3rd wire.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

1 recommendation

J E F F4 to 34764170

Premium Member

to 34764170
said by 34764170:

said by TechChime:

Oh yes everyone who works for Rogers or Bell should be shot for policies and business practices created and pushed from the top down by a very select few.

Gimme a break. Totally idiotic.

He's a newbie, cut him some slack..

I'd threaten to cancel my internet if I could for a retention plan, but I am already getting some breaks on my cable (70% off for two years) and the smartphone (free caller ID, unlimited SMS and some other free useless feature -- but the caller ID is an $8 break) and I am on some really odd retention plan for mobile internet (which is simply a back-up plan) but it's still running less than $5 month after discounts. Even odder is that they sent me a LTE mobile device to keep that service for another two years...I'll get unlimited service for free in the summer. I asked them why, they said it was because they 'liked' me...I asked for a break on my internet, or at least for GB's..they said "we don't like you that much..."..oh well..I tried.

abitbent
join:2004-04-23
Brantford, ON

abitbent

said by J E F F4:

He's a newbie, cut him some slack..

I'd threaten to cancel my internet if I could for a retention plan, but I am already getting some breaks on my cable (70% off for two years) and the smartphone (free caller ID, unlimited SMS and some other free useless feature -- but the caller ID is an $8 break) and I am on some really odd retention plan for mobile internet (which is simply a back-up plan) but it's still running less than $5 month after discounts. Even odder is that they sent me a LTE mobile device to keep that service for another two years...I'll get unlimited service for free in the summer. I asked them why, they said it was because they 'liked' me...I asked for a break on my internet, or at least for GB's..they said "we don't like you that much..."..oh well..I tried.

That is a pretty good deal Jeff so I'd take it while you can for sure. I was sure for remaining with Rogers for 20 plus years I'd qualify for a similar deal but I guess they don't like me that much either.

It's too bad really... because I'd be a great champion for them if they were fair with their rates and usage but they aren't. Professionally, I meet regularly with IT professionals and often the topic of ISPs and the hatred for Rogers and Bell dominates the discussions.

As an IT pro, or even a computer savvy individual, co-workers, family and friends are CONSTANTLY asking us for computer advice. When they ask about ISP's, I certainly won't be sending them in Rogers direction. They've left a very sour taste in the mouths of too many people and it's only a matter of time before they are begging us to come back.

Their greed RIGHT NOW is the reason I will never be loyal to them again and that sentiment is growing amongst thousands of people every single day.

I feel like they won't figure that out, until it's too late.

If they were only being fair, they'd be the best company in Canada.

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini to abitbent

to abitbent
Me my wife and most of my friends changed from Rogeres wireless phones to Wind.... most of them due to my insistance and theu couldnt be happier. Why did I dropped Rogers? Due to their gouging and lies. When they charged me outrageous roaming chargers from a Rogers tower in Wasaga Beach to a Rogers tower in Toronto it was the last drop in the bucket. Its weird that the same call from Wind while roaming costs less even though its the same Rogers tower so these means that these scoundrels charge their own customers more for "roaming" in their own towers?
TechChime
join:2012-11-17
Barrie, ON

TechChime to abitbent

to abitbent
Wonder if I can post a recorded covo. They prob try to sue me >. But I recorded my cancel call. We had a good debate over corporate greed. The guy pretty much agreed with me but argued like crazy saying their is no competition so they can do whatever the hell they want.

Makaveli998
join:2002-04-23
Toronto, ON

1 edit

Makaveli998 to Rogersfail

to Rogersfail
I called rogers today saying I was thinking of switching to Teksavvy unless the guy could offer me something better.

This '300GB High Speed Express' kit was offered to me and I picked up a Hitron modem aswell.

After getting home and setting it up I do a speed test and i'm seeing 12Mbps down and 2Mbps up.

On my SB5100 I was on 10/1.

So I was actually expecting a bigger difference considering I switched to a Docsis 3 modem. The guy on the phone did not really know 12/2 is the connection speed for that package. I was under the impression from the original phone call I would be getting the 35/3 extreme... So during the second call to them from home after we figured out the modem profile issue they notice high packet loss which I wasn't seeing with the motorola.

Tech said I should get it swapped for a new one. A Retail store isn't far from my house like 5 mins so I picked up a new one then came home and got it up and running. I then had to call a 3rd time to now fix the modem profile issue.

So I got transferred from tech to someone in the correct department to sort it out and she said the student package isn't what you were asking for based on your needs. After alittle back and forth I took a 2 year term on internet for 55% off and decided to go up to Extreme plus.

I've switched the Hitron into bridge mode and using my own Gigibit Router and everything is good.

Now I do IT for a living so this stuff was easy for me but I can't see how a non techy could go through that without pulling out hair.

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

TLS2000 to Xstar_Lumini

Premium Member

to Xstar_Lumini
said by Xstar_Lumini:

Me my wife and most of my friends changed from Rogeres wireless phones to Wind.... most of them due to my insistance and theu couldnt be happier. Why did I dropped Rogers? Due to their gouging and lies. When they charged me outrageous roaming chargers from a Rogers tower in Wasaga Beach to a Rogers tower in Toronto it was the last drop in the bucket. Its weird that the same call from Wind while roaming costs less even though its the same Rogers tower so these means that these scoundrels charge their own customers more for "roaming" in their own towers?

Rogers doesn't charge for roaming on their own network. They do charge long distance though. You still have yet to prove any of the allegations that you've made against Rogers for their billing.
brianngo
join:2008-01-19
Brampton, ON

brianngo

Was also offered 300Gig for $62.36 taxes included, is this the best they can do? (20% discount with free modem rental)