Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:1

said by battleop:

"Are we to assume that you pay entirely for your own medical costs?"

Yes.

Wow, no insurance or anything? You are either a millionaire or you are toeing a very fine line there if you get sick/hurt!

said by battleop:

Maybe you can point out where I said the entire "47%"?

I said Romney calls them the 47%, you simply call them people who 'sit on their asses and do nothing'.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by CXM_Splicer:

said by battleop:

"Are we to assume that you pay entirely for your own medical costs?"

Yes.

Wow, no insurance or anything? You are either a millionaire or you are toeing a very fine line there if you get sick/hurt!

If you pay for your own individual health insurance w/o any subsidy from a workplace, then you are paying entirely for your own medical costs.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

battleop

join:2005-09-28

A subsidy from your work place is still part of your compensation package. It's part of your salary that's not cash similar to how you may look at a company cell phone, laptop etc where you were allowed to use it for both personal and business use.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

battleop

reply to CXM_Splicer

I didn't say that. I pay for my medical costs, i.e. my insurance. It's built into my comp plan from my employer so it does cost something, i.e. not free.

" said Romney calls them the 47%, you simply call them people who 'sit on their asses and do nothing'."

Among the 47% there is no corruption or abuse of the system?
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

CXM_Splicer
Premium
NYC
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

If you pay for your own individual health insurance w/o any subsidy from a workplace, then you are paying entirely for your own medical costs.

No, you are paying into a system where your medical costs are paid by the funds of all the other contributors... then the system skims off whatever is left. I can see why he would be sick of paying into that!

CXM_Splicer
Premium
NYC
reply to battleop

quote:
Among the 47% there is no corruption or abuse of the system?

Yes, of course there is. There is also corruption in the Republican & Democratic parties and in the insurance industry. That doesn't mean they should be eliminated... when you have a system that you know is corrupt, you fix the corruption.

battleop

I never said they should be eliminated only that there is no such thing as "Free" health care.