Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

big_aug

join:2012-11-28
Hopedale, OH

[Network] Absolutely Horrible Service in Ohio

Hi guys,

I'm getting absolutely terrible speeds on what should be a 3mbps connection. When I first set it up, it seemed to be working fine.

Here are some speedtest results:

I haven't contacted winstream yet. I was hoping there was some tweak I was missing. I've played with the settings in the modem. I've gotten my NAT to open using the DMZ. I've tried with and without the filter (there are filters on all my phone jacks).

Any advice?

Is there any other information I need to post?

It boggles my mind that I'm getting better upload speeds than down speads a lot of the time. I'm getting so frustrated.

Piggie
I Actually use Windstream
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Orange Springs, FL
Reviews:
·Windstream
·HughesNet Satell..
Be sure in your router or modem MTU is set to 1492
But that won't make the difference. It's the kind of setting that pushes maybe 2.8 up to 3.2 or so.

I haven't been on this BBS for years, and looking at the list of posts
windstream has a national problem of overselling their bandwidth.

I get those same speeds in florida between 6 and 10 pm during prime time. I can see it slowing a little but I too go below 1 m most nights. I am an IT guy and it's not me.

They must be going broke.
--
| Speedstream 4200 Modem - 3m/384 plan | W98-W2KSP4-XPSP2 - All AMD | Buffalo WHR G54S with Tomato 1.18 | 3 downstream switches feeding 6 total clients (no wireless) | Including the Data port on the side of my neck |

big_aug

join:2012-11-28
Hopedale, OH
It's definitely an oversell of bandwidth. It's 1:45am here now, and I'm hitting my full 3mbps

I have notcied that it's the evenings where the slowdown happens...

Damn

cwine

join:2011-04-05
Little Hocking, OH
reply to big_aug
@big_aug

Its like clock work, by the time I get home at 5:30 in the evening, its already crawling pretty slow. I test again right before I walk out the door at 7:15am, and I'm getting my advertised speed. I am in Little Hocking, just outside of Belpre, OH and the tech told me this morning that it would be 6/2013...its absolutely madness...