spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TsarBomba

@ca.gov

Cheaper lease fees?

So does this mean we can ditch our old DVRs and pay less in leasing fees given the unit lacks a physical hard disk drive? Sure would love to see my current DVR lease go down from 14.99/month to 4.99/month or better yet none at all.

seamore
Premium
join:2009-11-02
said by TsarBomba :

So does this mean we can ditch our old DVRs and pay less in leasing fees given the unit lacks a physical hard disk drive? Sure would love to see my current DVR lease go down from 14.99/month to 4.99/month or better yet none at all.

Prices for cable service NEVER decrease, only increase. so yes, you can expect and increase for this service "that the customer demands".

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1
reply to TsarBomba
I'm sure they will find some new way to justify price increases.

Perhaps they will offer different tiers of space to lease?

So you still pay the same base rate, but now you will be charged $4.99 for 80GB of space, $9.99 for 160GB of space, etc..

The real question I care about is whether I can continue to skip ahead 30 seconds? Right now I'm using a hack for the remote control to make a specific button do this, but it is not officially supported. Will we even be able to fast forward through commercials?

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to TsarBomba
why not be like directv and have a flat DVR fee per home?

each added outlet for any box is the same price.

joako
Premium
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6
reply to TsarBomba
No!

New and improved DVR only $24.95/month. $1200 lost equipment fee!
--
PRescott7-2097

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to jmn1207
They don't need to justify it....have we ever seen them actually prove their justification in the past?

They use the same words, same statements, etc....and we just take it for face value and move on.

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1
I think they have about reached their peak. Consumers are going to stop paying more money and simply look to reduce their services to keep their bills from increasing any way they can.

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
said by jmn1207:

I think they have about reached their peak. Consumers are going to stop paying more money and simply look to reduce their services to keep their bills from increasing any way they can.

The amount of coverage about it has increased dramatically the last few years but I suspect that right when we are about to jump that point where it becomes an actual national story....the ISP's will start to use different language...or hell, outright lie.

Heck, who will stop them?