uniqs
share rss forum feed
« QIP7100STB Exchange question »
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 ... 8 · 9 · 10 · next

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ
kudos:2

[HD] Maybe this means more HD will follow...

Click for full size
Removing channels. Maybe this means more HD will follow...

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18

said by nascar:

Same Here in VHO-2 Tampa FL.

bigdaddy

reply to nascar

said by nascar:

So this means VZ can add one HD and four SD Channel's. Can VZ take 3 or 4 SD and bond them together to Create 1 or 2 HD Channel's ?

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to nascar

Mav TV was useless...glad to see it getting the boot

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to nascar

Blackbelt and Blue Highways were entirely useless. Youtoo was trying to be social media, but it's a mess. MAV just never got off the ground. I'm surprised at their removal though, because I figured Verizon was getting them for almost free.

said by bigdaddy:

So this means VZ can add one HD and four SD Channel's. Can VZ take 3 or 4 SD and bond them together to Create 1 or 2 HD Channel's ?

Unfortunately, this would open only 1 HD channel. 4 SD's is about half of 1 HD. So Verizon would have to shift other SD's around to free that area.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to nascar

Good riddance to all of these. Just a waste of space. Youtoo used to be decent when they were still ALN.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to nascar

Too bad the .TV channels aren't on this list.

If they do add something I hope they start to add mainstream HD channels using MPEG4.

johnf2
Bucks County, PA. VHO8
Premium
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to nascar

Click for full size
And these three are set to be removed 1st week in December in VHO8 (SE PA/Philadelphia)

johnf2
--

Tarheel72

join:2005-12-18
Plano, TX
reply to nascar

Got the email in Texas today. If it means they add HD I am fine with it but maybe they are just trying to collect enough to pay AMC?
--
Go Heels!

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
reply to johnf2

Wow, now they are removing some of the local plus channels too?
Edit: I see they are all from the same station, so maybe it was a station decision?

johnf2
Bucks County, PA. VHO8
Premium
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit

Matcarl, you have a good point---I didn't know if that's VZ or WYBE decision. I'll try to find out from WYBE.

[WYBE also broadcasts MiND TV on broadcast channel 66.4 in NYC area. Don't know whether FiOS also carries that up there?]

Thanks,

johnf2
--
VHO8

Timothy28

join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX
reply to nascar

Only one of those channels i even knew existed was Mavtv and i never even turned it on.

LLStarks
I've been here a while
Premium
join:2003-12-03
Roslyn, NY

Youtoo and Halogen are being removed from my VHO.
--
I know before you even speak that you're wrong.

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ

said by LLStarks:

Youtoo and Halogen are being removed from my VHO.

Halogen, are you sure?

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:29

said by Greg2600:

Halogen, are you sure?

From Extreme 2010.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

It says Halogen will be removed from Extreme. It's probably only in Ultimate now.

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to nascar

Why would they be dropping channels ? To add just 1 HD channel in its place? Idk.

Are these channels at the very end of viewership, so it would make sense to remove these channels just to add one other in HD ( like H2 HD ) ? Idk.

H2 is after all , free to providers that have The History Channel, so adding it in HD makes total sense to me bc they have native HD programming on H2 now anyway.

I got off track a bit, sorry. So what will happen after they remove these channels? Addition to the HD lineup is always welcome. I guess we will just have to be patient and wait to find out. Hopefully we won't have to wait that long to find out, though.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

said by Webcobbler :

H2 is after all , free to providers that have The History Channel, so adding it in HD makes total sense to me bc they have native HD programming on H2 now anyway.

+1 for H2 HD. H2 is what the History channel use to be before they started showing all the reality shows.....

Webcobbler

@verizon.net

Amen to that. Here's to H2 in HD for the win !

webcobble

@verizon.net
reply to bohratom

Amen to that. H2 in HD for the win !

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to nascar

They're removing them most likely because Verizon decided not to renew their agreements. Most of those have been on the service for many years, and while they came cheap, VZ knows the ratings and figures even 50 cents a subscriber or whatever it is, is too much for these.

JMikeF

join:2005-05-05
Alexandria, VA
reply to nascar

Who ever watched Youtoo? AFAIC, Verizon needs to do some serious pruning of these crap channels.

nascar

Verona, NJ

I could not agree more.

said by JMikeF:

Who ever watched Youtoo? AFAIC, Verizon needs to do some serious pruning of these crap channels.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

said by nascar:

I could not agree more.

said by JMikeF:

The tricky thing with "crap" channels is that they are sometimes owned by larger networks that require the providers to carry these other networks as part of a package deal. "You want Discovery Channel"? "Well then you have to carry I.D. too". Nothing against that channel, just making a point.

bigdaddy

FierceCable

Verizon to drop Youtoo TV from FiOS TV lineup

Telco also moving Halogen TV to Ultimate HD package

November 30, 2012 | By Steve Donohue

Verizon (NYSE: VZ) began informing its FiOS TV subscribers Thursday that it will drop Youtoo TV from its channel lineup on Dec. 31.

Formerly known as American Life TV, GoodLife TV Network and Nostalgia Channel, the network was relaunched last year as Youtoo TV. Youtoo calls itself the first social TV network, and it relies on feedback from viewers to pick its programming schedule. It struck a production deal last year with Mark Burnett, the reality show producer who created hit CBS series Survivor.

Verizon also told FiOS TV subscribers in an email notice that it will move Halogen TV from its 290-channel Extreme HD package to its more expensive Ultimate HD package, which contains 385 channels. Halogen, which is owned by The Inspiration Networks, bills itself as "the socially-conscious entertainment network." Its schedule ranges from repeats of The Biggest Loser to Surf Patrol.

Verizon said it will soon add new networks to the FiOS lineup. "These changes help enable us to add new content that our customers have been asking for, and we'll be announcing additions to the lineup soon," Verizon spokeswoman Heather Wilner told FierceCable Friday.

»www.fiercecable.com/story/verizo···12-11-30

nascar

Verona, NJ

"Verizon said it will soon add new networks to the FiOS lineup. "These changes help enable us to add new content that our customers have been asking for, and we'll be announcing additions to the lineup soon," Verizon spokeswoman Heather Wilner told FierceCable Friday."

Let the speculation begin...

Greg2600

Belleville, NJ
reply to nascar

Not sure what's out there beyond beIN Sports and PAC-12? Obviously they all wouldn't be added in HD.

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY
reply to nascar

said by nascar:

more Spanish channels

nascar

Verona, NJ

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
said by TitusTroy:

said by nascar:

more Spanish channels

Timothy28

join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX
reply to Greg2600

said by Greg2600:

Not sure what's out there beyond beIN Sports and PAC-12? Obviously they all wouldn't be added in HD.

Good point, what channels are left that they don't carry that people want?