spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Eug
join:2007-04-14
Canada

Eug

[DSL] DSL overage charges?

50 cents per GB up to $25 on non-unlimited plans.

That's fine, but when did that go into effect? I missed it. I did a search but lost in a sea of other related topics.

Up until today, I was under the impression I'd just be bumped up to unlimited if I went over my 300 GB per month. (I haven't done so, but got close recently.)

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

From the Teksavvy.com home page - tabs.

Here: DSL (Ontario)
&
Here: Cable (Ontario)

Of course for DSL: Unlimited Usage between 2am and 8am
Eug
Canada

Eug

unlimited pricing vs $0.50 per GB

Yes I realize that but I was told before that overage wasn't calculated this way. I was under the impression that if you went over (possibly averaged over two months) you'd be charged as unlimited.

The pricing in that structure would be different.

When did this change? Or did I just misunderstand something?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

I forget exactly when, I'm sure it happened around the time the TSI website updated, and noticed the "rolling average" thing they explained to us back when the new pricing structure was rolled out had changed to what we now have.

Pretty sure if you watch this thread eventually someone from TSI proper will clairify and maybe even mention the when of it for us all. If you really can't wait, pm one of the TSI staff on here, or post your question in Teksavvy Direct, and report back here on your findings.

TSI Andy
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Andy to Eug

Premium Member

to Eug

Re: [DSL] DSL overage charges?

I was looking into your questions, this is the information I have received.

Previously, as mentioned we had 50 cents per GB up to $25 on non-unlimited plans. When February 2012 came around we made some alterations to packaging and the way that usage was charged this is when the "Rolling average" was put into place.

We had then removed the rolling average in approximately March-April area (sorry I was unable to obtain an exact date) due to customer dissatisfaction and reimplemented the "Overage on all packages that are not unlimited will be charged at $0.50/GB to a maximum of $25/month." that we have in place now.

Thank you
TSI Martin P
Eug
Canada

Eug

OK Thx. Actually with my tier I'd prefer the rolling average method because it'd likely be cheaper but I also see it as being much more confusing to the general public, so I fully understand the change.

I'll just have to watch the usage more closely. Usually I'm under 100 GB, but last month I got within spitting distance of 300.

TSI Andy
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andy to Eug

Premium Member

to Eug
Yeah, the rolling average is convenient for some but very confusing for others, so due to popular demand, we have implemented the Overage on all packages that are not unlimited will be charged at $0.50/GB to a maximum of $25/month. This provides satisfaction to the majority.

I know there has been times my self that I have been very close to my cap of 300b as well at which point the rolling average would have benefited me also.

Thanks,
Martin

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

50C/GB seems pretty expensive, how much of that is going to Bell and how much of it is going to cover your HE.net costs?

TSI Andy
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andy

Premium Member

Well, at 50 cents per GB up to a maximum of $25 dollars once you hit the $25 point your service is unlimited until the end of the month, as usage is calculated from the 1st to the 30th/31st depending on the month.

As for your question "how much of that is going to Bell and how much of it is going to cover your HE.net costs?" I am looking into providing an accurate answer, I will reply again with the information I receive.

Thank you
TSI Martin P

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by TSI Andy:

As for your question "how much of that is going to Bell and how much of it is going to cover your HE.net costs?" I am looking into providing an accurate answer

Yeah, good luck with that.

Hey, better use of TSI resources: Get cable going in Hamilton....

Mike

TSI Andy
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andy

Premium Member

There is alot of cable interest in Hamilton, but we don't have an ETA on when we are able to provide services there unfortunately, but if you keep checking the forums/teksavvy.com once we are able to provide the services there I am sure the word will spread like wild fire!

Thanks,
TSI Martin P

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

You can also register to our newsletter which will keep you posted on updates such as when cable will be offered in Hamilton.

»teksavvy.com/newsletter-signup

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to Eug

MVM

to Eug
Rolling averages were not (first) put into place in February 2012, but many years ago. TekSavvy has only recently gotten rid of them. Rolling averages were in force when I first signed up with TekSavvy more than five years ago, and remained in force for almost all of that time. It was only when the CRTC's UBB rulings went into effect that things got murky.