nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
reply to DarkLogix

Re: Upgraded Weapons?

said by DarkLogix:

Well if you're JP capped and in full epics the you still don't have a use for JP/honor.

And you'll start being Conquest/Valor capped, so now they continue to be valuable.

Full honor gear, use honor to upgrade.

Full conquest gear, use conquest to upgrade.

Why are people arguing this....

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
said by Snuffbox:

said by DarkLogix:

Well if you're JP capped and in full epics the you still don't have a use for JP/honor.

And you'll start being Conquest/Valor capped, so now they continue to be valuable.

Full honor gear, use honor to upgrade.

Full conquest gear, use conquest to upgrade.

Why are people arguing this....

Its good for Valor, and conquest but ya honor/jp will still be junk

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
No more so then a gem in honor gear. Unless you're saying not to gem you gear until you're end game...

An upgrade is an upgrade, this is silly.

If you're full honor gear, and you're waiting on conquest for future gear replacements, now you can upgrade your honor gear with your previously worthless honor.

The same applies to Conquest/Valor.

Upgrade your gear...

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
I think JP accumulation is so slow that upgrading dungeon gear with JP via this new system won't happen fast enough to have a huge impact (unless you're truly spamming the heck out of heroics ad nauseum). But if you have the points, +8 is +8.

However, I think Snuff's very much correct on the PvP front. Since honor can be gained so quickly, it's quite feasible to fully upgrade all of your dreadful gear to be +8 while waiting on the next week's conquest cap reset. I know I plan to take advantage of this and grind the BG's this weekend (please be a tolerable call to arms zone for the weekend...)
--
Eumaeus, Balance Druid
GM - Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
[6/6] MSV [1/6] HoF

Axa

@mda.mil
reply to Snuffbox
Ellipse King, read what the OP said again.

"If you're in full epics."

You can't upgrade Valor/Raid/Conq gear with JP/Honor. Hence, if you're in full epics, as he stated, JP/Honor is useless for upgrading.

Gan

join:2009-04-10
Taiwan
reply to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

No more so then a gem in honor gear. Unless you're saying not to gem you gear until you're end game...

An upgrade is an upgrade, this is silly.

If you're full honor gear, and you're waiting on conquest for future gear replacements, now you can upgrade your honor gear with your previously worthless honor.

The same applies to Conquest/Valor.

Upgrade your gear...

^ This.

Converted my excess HP to JP and bought PVE gear (that I won't use), then capped out again at 4K HP. This new option allows me to upgrade current Dreadful gear using HP since the weekly Conquest cap keeps me from purchasing more Malevolent pieces.