how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

howardfine

join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

Best Buy TV ads

Have you guys noticed Best Buy advertising Apple computers with a slogan (I forgot) something like, "We have everything Apple"? Isn't that something entirely different for their ads? I know they've been carrying Apple for years but I think this is the first time I've seen them push it so much.

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC

Probably because they're the hot item this season

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to howardfine

Considering there is a Best Buy less then 10 miles from me, and an Apple store an hours drive from me, I think it's a smart move. If I was looking for apple products.
Best Buy is really hurting and may not be around for much longer. So they have to do, what they have to do.
Though IMO, I won't miss them when they do shut down. Apple will partner with another retailer [Wal-marts, maybe ] And life will go on without Best Buy.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC

Apple does sell some stuff in WalMart, I think they have a few of their mini stores too.

Apple's next big partner will probably be Target though.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to howardfine

I usually hit Best Buy first since they frequently have open box stuff. One of my minis and my T-Bolt display were open boxes. BB has always been very willing to negotiate off the open box price and they're always willing to set it up so I can check it out.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to Count Zero

I've seen Ipads, Ipods for sale at wal mart and target. I think the Iphone is available at Target, not sure about Walmart.
But no computers, I don't think the even carry AppleTV, though they do sell Roku and other TV devices like it.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

howardfine

join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO
reply to howardfine

There is just something about buying at Best Buy vs Walmart. Best Buy displays their wares and have people who know about the product. Walmart just hefts it up on a shelf somewhere.

But my point is that Best Buy is pushing Apple. Is Apple getting interest from consumers than before? I wouldn't think they'd be pushing it otherwise.