carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

carpetshark3 to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ

Re: [FireFox] Firefox now available with added MSN

What's so hard about FX giving us a custom install of just the features we want instead of cramming it all in and making us use about:config?

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Greenlight Netwo..
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob

Premium Member

Once again, I do not see the issue with this. Seems that if you want the MSN version that you have to download that one and install it ? I do think that there would be some folks who do want this. Yes, it is a dumbed down version, but if Microsoft is helping the Mozilla people out with $$$$ to continue developing Firefox, then I am all for it.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

It's the branding and security implications (read thread) that bother me. It's $$$ bottom line bloat _
siljaline

siljaline to carpetshark3

Premium Member

to carpetshark3
If Moz is in bed with Facebook and MS, why don't they have a pick and choose features, that would work for me.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Greenlight Netwo..
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob

Premium Member

said by siljaline:

If Moz is in bed with Facebook and MS, why don't they have a pick and choose features, that would work for me.

Nobody is forcing anyone to enable the Facebook feature on Firefox and nobody is forcing anyone to install the MSN stuff. There is a choice to be made here by people who use Firefox. Nothing is being enabled by default and the MSN Firefox cannot be allowed to be installed unless you click on it to do so. Seems that this MSN/Bing deal is like an extension.