join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
reply to serge87

Re: [Northeast] Higher pings tonight?

It's definitely a capacity issue between the handoff of Alter and L3. This used to happen quite often when I first got FIOS internet back in 2006.

Back then, I actually had a contact with Alter - she was unreal. I'd send her trace routes, she'd email them to the engineers, and usually in 3 days tops they'd have it rectified.

You guys are seeing the same thing. This does need to be escalated up through Verizon.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

serge87

join:2009-11-29
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by JeepMatt:

Back then, I actually had a contact with Alter - she was unreal. I'd send her trace routes, she'd email them to the engineers, and usually in 3 days tops they'd have it rectified.

You guys are seeing the same thing. This does need to be escalated up through Verizon.

Oh to have a contact like that, no 120-step automated phone process and verifying to tier 1 support that the router is in fact plugged in

RolteC
0h

join:2001-05-20
Fresh Meadows, NY
kudos:1
Click for full size
Another night...
Definitely has to be a capacity issue.

Also, I am pretty sure Verizon is aware of this. How could they not run MRTG graphs on their equipment to monitor usage? For that matter, I am sure their employees who monitor these forums and run the Direct portion of it have also read these complaints.

But I guarantee you all, none of them will chime in with this issue or give a resolution to it.