how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jasmo34

join:2008-03-20
London, ON
reply to rocca

Re: Is it end of docsys 2.0 modem era in Ottawa?

Good summary, and clarifications. (of course, 'proposed tariffs' can yet change).

The only reason I'm even involved, other than just watching the silly incumbent tariff games, is my relatives's brand new unused SB5101N sitting on his shelf, that was originally destined for use with Acanac Cable 12/18 here in London. Too late for that now!

Acanac's modem list only shows the SB5101N for use on their 8M plan with Cogeco. I don't think they have any other D2 modems on their list now.

MAYBE they might still let him on 18 (at least until April 16), since it was bought on their recommendation. Or I might just have to convince him to try 'another provider'; one further down in the alphabet!

Hey TB... Are you and mlord going to rent a VW mini-bus, and go on tour fixing cable modem firmware?

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

said by jasmo34:

Hey TB... Are you and mlord going to rent a VW mini-bus, and go on tour fixing cable modem firmware?

Bicycle only, sorry

However, my rig for flashing is now a lot more portable. I used to use this to power the flash chip:

And now just this:
»dx.com/p/dc-4-40v-to-dc-1-5-35v-···r-126108
(with the power brick from the modem as input source)

I still need a laptop, so it is still way bigger than mlord's, but at least it is a little portable now
--
electronicsguru.ca