share rss forum feed

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
reply to bionicRod

Re: Far Cry 3

Far Cry 2 was boring and repetitive with no replay value but pretty. It was like Assassins Creed 1.

Hopefully it's more dynamic in game play.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2

said by Mike:

Far Cry 2 was boring and repetitive with no replay value but pretty. It was like Assassins Creed 1.

Hopefully it's more dynamic in game play.

I watched quite a few videos last night with reviewers who have already played, and it's getting pretty good ink. From all accounts there is a ton to do and it's hard to stick to one thing as distractions keep popping up all over the place. There are tons of animals to hunt and plants to gather (a la Red Dead Redemption) whose mats you then craft into better gear. You open up areas on the map by climbing and hacking radio towers (a la AC). There are set challenges on the map that include sniping, racing, hunting, etc. (a la GTA). The graphics and facial animations on PC are supposed to be top notch. The story is reportedly very good too. I heard a conservative estimate of completing the story at 30 hours, but the side quests are supposed to be just as good if not better.

The reviews I saw say the co-op campaign and multiplayer are kind of generic and meh, but I'm buying it for the campaign.