how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pearcy

join:2004-12-08
Chicago, IL

[Phone] BANA Circuit/Alarm Circuit/Series 1100 Circuit

Anyone know what Frontier calls a dedicated point to point pair of copper? looking for some copper between a couple houses within 3/4 mile and a mile.

Keefer21

join:2012-07-06
Hilton, NY
Its called "leased line" , They *USUALLY* offer slow "up to" 56k low speed lines or higher speed FT1 with up to 24 56k or 64K time slots.
Of course the line quality is exceptional because its only you. but your end equipment is all on you they provide no support or installation.

They will try to sell you anything and everything under the sun besides this so you might have to be persistent or talk to a tech.

pearcy

Chicago, IL
reply to pearcy
Wait, I don't need any service on the line. I just need the copper pair. If possible it would be great for the pair to not even go all the way back to the CO. When you talk about offering time slots that doesn't sound like a dry pair.

COjosh

join:2011-02-21
kudos:1
Are you talking about an "OPX"- Off Premise Ringer?

Just a naked cable pair so you can link the alarm channel to different sites?

pearcy

Chicago, IL
reply to pearcy
I believe OPX is conditioned. I need an unconditioned pair.

COjosh

join:2011-02-21
kudos:1
I guess I'm unfamiliar with the "conditioning" you speak of unless it's for an analog or digital circuit. And a regular OPX shouldn't need any additional conditioning just so you have a span of wire between your sites..

If you just need a section of cable pair from site-to-site, with no office equipment in between, then using the "Off Premise Extension" verbage should do the trick.

Have you tried speaking with business customer service? They may be able to point you in the right direction in regards to ordering the correct feature/service. Often times the conventional residential CS agents aren't familiar with some of the more obscure terminology.

Keefer21

Hilton, NY
reply to pearcy
There is a unconditioned flavor of OPX just for alarm circuits. u just have to specify its for an alarm not voice.

pearcy

Chicago, IL
reply to pearcy
Thanks everyone. Really great info.

Keefer21

Hilton, NY
reply to pearcy
Anytime, Also forgot to mention if loading coils need to be removed from the line frontier back in the year 2000 used to charge something in the neighborhood of 1000 dollars. Make sure you inquire about the coils before you lease the line.

pearcy

Chicago, IL
thanks for the additional tip. If thats the cost then that would probably break this project.

wasvznowftr

join:2010-07-13
reply to Keefer21
said by Keefer21:

Anytime, Also forgot to mention if loading coils need to be removed from the line frontier back in the year 2000 used to charge something in the neighborhood of 1000 dollars. Make sure you inquire about the coils before you lease the line.

With as much DSL and remotes that have been deployed since then, here were also a lot more load points in the system back in 2000.
Unless both locations are out in the sticks, I wouldn't fear that you're stuck with loaded pairs.

oldcopper

@windomnet.com
You want a dry pair location a to loaction Z