share rss forum feed

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 edit
reply to J E F F

Re: LOL Investors Of Trump Tower In Toronto Got Swindled!

said by J E F F:

Even nicer eh? Trump (the person) knows how to separate himself from everything. This is why he has so much money.

True. OPM - Other People's Money. That is how the rich get richer. They don't risk their own money in a project. They get others to risk theirs, while Trump profits from consulting contracts, marketing deals, selling his name, etc.

A lot of these investors had no business at all in investing their money in a risky project(as all Real Estate projects are). I limit my Real Estate investments to REIT mutual funds where my risk is limited strictly to the amount I want to put in to it and where liquidity and diversity of investments limits the size of potential losses. An example: »performance.morningstar.com/fund···re=en-US
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

G1gg1ty

@start.ca

Caveat emptor.

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to FFH

said by FFH:

....selling his name, etc.

Which was the case here. Even a cursory, most simplistic, due diligence into these deals would have revealed that Trump was licensing his name, but not investing a dime in the property, personally or through his companies.

Even the Joe-Blow blue-collar investors here should have wondered "Why is that?". The obvious answer was "Because it's a shitty deal and not even Donald Trump is that stupid." But they were blinded by their own greed.
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong

Free Gold

@videotron.ca

said by Ian:

Even the Joe-Blow blue-collar investors here should have wondered "Why is that?". The obvious answer was "Because ...

"There's a sucker born every minute".