how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

fox audio problems?

Was it just the local wtrf fox ohio valley that didn't have audio for part of the pac 12 championship game tonight or was this a national issue?

Expand your moderator at work

mikedz4

Weirton, WV

Re: fox audio problems?

how could they let the audio issue go on so long during a big college football game?

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5

Could have that affiliate feeding it to comcast. They can only control so much. Or, the issue would have resulted in losing the broadcast for a period of time and they opted to let it continue. No way to know.
--
Ex-Comcast Tech at the Beach. I speak for myself, not my former employer.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV

last poster said it was a national issue. I have no way to tell as even though I have 2 fox affiliates available to me comcast ONLY offers one affilitate.

beachintech
Premium

1 recommendation

You only have one affiliate to your specific address, you may just think you are close to two.

I would think if it was a national issue it would be more than just you posting. Most likely, it was with the affiliate they were getting the game feed from.
--

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
reply to mikedz4

one is significantly viewed.
It's ok I plan to email fox corporate and let them know of the problems with said fox affiliate and get their license revoked.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by mikedz4:

It's ok I plan to email fox corporate and let them know of the problems with said fox affiliate and get their license revoked.

Do you really think that 1 person that having a problem is going to get their license revoked.
--
Caddy

mikedz4

Weirton, WV

there are other people in this valley upset about fox ohio valley and who knows how many other people (who aren't on this forum or maybe even online) that already wrote fox?

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to mikedz4

oh yeah still don't get how a little family owned cable company could keep the significantly viewed wpgh out of pittsburgh while comcast couldn't. Am I missing something here? How are they able to negotiate seeing as how they have less than 20,000 subs.

Expand your moderator at work

beachintech
Premium

1 recommendation

reply to mikedz4

Re: fox audio problems?

We have no idea what the retransmission agreements are like in your area. If you are curious, go down and ask. It's public info.

Your email will not get their licenses revoked, sorry.
--

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium
join:2004-04-08
Pittsburgh, PA

1 recommendation

reply to mikedz4

said by mikedz4:

WPGH is owned by Sinclair and charges a VERY pretty penny to be viewed. Because they charge, they are NOT 'Must Carry' mandate channels and their "Significantly Viewed" status does not invoke a must carry with Comcast into adjourning regions.

If you want WPGH in Weirton, you have to convince them to stop charging per viewer.
--
Show off that hardware: join Team Discovery and Team Helix

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast

I heard Comcast offered to pay them to keep them on the air but they refused to compete with wtrf. Thing is WTRF Fox Ohio Valley stinks. They have too many signals on one tower. They need to apply to boost their signal.
Now I know why WTOV9 doesn't want to add another channel.