how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ruxcytable

join:2012-10-23
Marion, IA

[IA] Internet went down 10 hours ago

Mediacom says we'll be out in ONE WEEK on Dec. 7th. Seriously, Chad? I respect what you do here but this is INEXCUSABLE. You should be ashamed of your company.

CappinHoff

join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
Why cus you can't be put into line first? Keep calling. There are others ahead of you as well. Oh and before the "other companies get out faster" bs comes out, no they don't. All ISP's have time issues and will. Sometimes not as bad or even bad. You just have to work around it. Also ask for a full credit for the time you were down.

tsduke
Premium
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA
I have to agree with the OP. 1 week for a service call isn't very good service.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
reply to CappinHoff
That's bullshit. No other ISP takes a week to get to you for a full outage.
Expand your moderator at work

Bierboy

join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL
reply to ruxcytable

Re: [IA] Internet went down 10 hours ago

Interesting, because I've having some connection problems (slow, then fine, then nothing, then fine), and they're getting a tech here today less than 36 hours from when I called.

ruxcytable

join:2012-10-23
Marion, IA
reply to ruxcytable
This is a recurring issue for me. There are no other neighbors on my tap and I'm the only one with persistent outages.

Chad, this is not a threat, it is the truth. I am on my way right now to Fedex Kinko's. I am placing a 4'x4' sign in my yard that says:

MEDIACOM CUSTOMER
OUT OF SERVICE FOR [ ] DAYS

Every day until my service is fixed I will update the number of days. I am not a confrontational person and I have never resorted to something like this before but I have absolutely had it.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
reply to ruxcytable
I will be happy to look into this. Please message me with your account number or phone number and I will work with the local technical staff to get this resolved.

CableGuyIL

@mchsi.com
reply to Bierboy
Bierboy - different areas have different staffings and different issues. The area where I work we get out typically same day or next, and I do work for Mediacom - 7 years.

Bierboy

East Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 edit
Oh, I understand that, but the situation stated by the OP is way beyond different staffing issues, different issues and different areas.

And, for the record, my 10 a.m. to noon appointment window was completely blown off. I had to call back twice (after getting disconnected while on hold) and ask to speak to a supervisor to get a tech to come out yesterday after they first told me that they screwed up and couldn't do it until Monday. Chad was great in responding to my query and followed up last evening, too. I am supposed to get a $20 credit for a missed appointment and two days credit on my bill.

Oh, and my service is currently back to normal after the tech did a few things late yesterday afternoon...

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
I am glad the service is working for you. Let me know if you have any other issues.

samehere

join:2012-11-16
reply to ruxcytable
Yeah, they take time here also. The guy next door had a tree fall awhile back. The electric company was out that night to re-hang their line. Mediacom said tree needed removed and it was that morning. Then took them over a week to get out just to rehang the line. Was told we would at least get the week taking off our bill since we had no tv or internet but it never did. Was afraid one of might kids trip on it since it ran cross the backyard about neck height. Had to keep them from going back there for over a week.

Bierboy

East Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by samehere:

...Was told we would at least get the week taking off our bill since we had no tv or internet but it never did....

Send a PM to Chad with your acct. #...he should be able to make it right. I was told after my problems last week and a missed appointment this past Saturday, that I'd get two days credit plus a $20 credit for a missed appointment. I'll be checking my statement online, and, if it's not there soon, I'll be contacting Chad.

EDIT: Just checked, and all the adjustments to my bill have been made.