share rss forum feed

Kramer
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA
kudos:2
reply to R2

Re: [WIN8] Can't uninstall a program

Hmm, I can't answer why WIN7 (was it 64 bit WIN7?) was able to uninstall this, but I wonder if it isn't related to the path. The 64 bit version of WIN7 and WIN8 will place most 32 bit programs in the Program Files (x86) folder. What if your software is so {you fill in the adjective} that it expects the program files to be in the Program Files folder when the windows installer placed them in the x86 folder. Check your registry entries and match them up to reality. Just a wild guess. I can't tell much because your error message has cut off the last part of the path. Hopefully you haven't enlarged your screen fonts beyond 100% or the truncated file path will be the least of your problems. Dave was just saying, your application's problem is most likely related to sloppy coding and I see no reason to disbelieve him.

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Kramer:

Just a wild guess. I can't tell much because your error message has cut off the last part of the path.

Oh, that's a decent alternative explanation as well - it never occurred to me. I assumed we were seeing the entire path in the error message, but perhaps nor.