uniqs
share rss forum feed

jjoshua
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ
kudos:3
reply to KevinSac1

Re: Mounting TV on brick fireplace - what screws and where?

You are required to post a picture.

Is this a full brick fireplace or just a brick facade?

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
said by jjoshua:

You are required to post a picture.

Is this a full brick fireplace or just a brick facade?

+1

KevinSac1

@charter.com
reply to jjoshua
@Jack_in_VA: Full red brick, wood burning fireplace built 25 years ago. I'm not sure a picture would be of much help unless you don't know what bricks or mortar look like in which case you won't be much help in this thread anyway.

Thanks!

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4
said by KevinSac1 :

@Jack_in_VA: Full red brick, wood burning fireplace built 25 years ago. I'm not sure a picture would be of much help unless you don't know what bricks or mortar look like in which case you won't be much help in this thread anyway.

Thanks!

are you still using the fireplace?
Expand your moderator at work

UHF
All static, all day, Forever
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24
Reviews:
·Mediacom
·Callcentric
·Dish Network
reply to KevinSac1

Re: Mounting TV on brick fireplace - what screws and where?

said by KevinSac1 :

I'm not sure a picture would be of much help unless you don't know what bricks or mortar look like in which case you won't be much help in this thread anyway.

The picture helps because it's a REQUIREMENT FOR NON-REGISTERED MEMBERS such as yourself to post a picture when asking a question. If you don't agree with the rule, that's fine, but then don't post here.

The folks in this forum tend to be very friendly and helpful. They aren't asking for a pic just to be dicks, but because it MIGHT be helpful.

That said, I'm a fan of tapcons when the holes are properly drilled with the proper bit and a hammer drill. When the holes are improperly drilled, tapcons don't work.